1969 365 GT 2+2 steering lock and key cylinder | FerrariChat

1969 365 GT 2+2 steering lock and key cylinder

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Scott Ales, Sep 11, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    6 months ago, I purchased a 1969 365 2+2 from an estate without a key. Nobody knows where it is, so that's the end of that possibility.
    We searched everywhere inside the car without success as well. And I mean EVERYWHERE!
    Till now, it's been roller dollies around the shop. I would like to remove the lock cylinder to replace it. What am I getting into here folks?

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    have a look inside the fenders and the bumpers. some people put keys in a small box with a magnet and put them somewhere on the car

a good key maker can make you keys. the main form is the same as fiat and alfa romeo and the cut out he can try a little. no magic but time consuming.
    I think you have 1 key for the doors and the trunk, 1 for the ignition switch and one for the dashboard?

3. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
  4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Clearly, not true then. :D

colombo2cam and turbo-joe like this.
  5. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Great to hear! Time to make copies before they disappear again ;) FWIW, my copies are on Ilco/Silca blanks. No need to pay Nieman prices for daily use. I can post the blank number when I get home if you need it.

6. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Amazing and lucky find! Congrats!