For Sale - 1970 Maserati Indy #372 & #414 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1970 Maserati Indy #372 & #414

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Joe Cuny, Sep 22, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe Cuny

Joe Cuny Rookie

May 17, 2017
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Joe Cuny
    1970 Maserati Indy 4.2L #414 & #372 (parts car). I have owned both cars for 30+ years. #414 is a daily driver
    and has been driven and kept in restored condition. Both cars were manufactured in April/May 1970. The parts
    car was running and driven when taken apart because of severe rust. Many spare parts are new or rebuilt
    (alternator, starter motor, Vitaloni steering column stalk,Vitaloni mirrors, electronic ignitions (Mallory and Pertronix) and water pumps and cables (new and rebuilt). Extensive folders with receipts and restoration detailing are included. Factory manuals, guides and updates included (transmission, differential, electrical, Owners and Maintenance, Spare Parts and Driving. Additional photos and documentation is available at [email protected]. $90,000.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Love the car, but for $90k you can get a more desirable Khamsin, Mexico, and for $125k a Ghibli..Masers have taken a real price beating, even more than Ferrari's have.
    Its great car for sure..
    I would put it back in the garage for another year or 2 then then try the market again.
    Good luck.

3. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Does that double bubble have plexi windows and Zagato sport seats?

4. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    While I agree the vintage Maserati market has softened some in the US, and for $90k you can get a Khamsin in poor condition, or a daily driver Mexico... but I'll argue there is no way you can touch a 1st Gen Ghibli in the same condition as this Indy for anywhere near 125k.

An Indy isn't the most iconic Maserati, but this is an interesting sale including a parts car..
    My understanding is they are valued more highly in Europe.
    Cheers,
    - Art

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Beautiful Maserati in great condition and a parts car to cannibalize if you have problems, or build into something exotic if you are rich.

TJsBeer likes this.