For Sale - 1970 Triumph TR6 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1970 Triumph TR6

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Fort Worth 360, Dec 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fort Worth 360

Fort Worth 360 Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort worth Texas
    1970 Triumph TR6 I purchased the car on BAT and have only driven it a few times. I am putting it up for sale as I recently became a bit too robust in my adding cars and unexpectedly also bought a 1960 Bugeye and a beautiful 1985 308Gts QV within the past weeks

Here is the link to BAT: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-triumph-tr6-7/ -

I paid 9,100 to the seller, and 910 to Bat and $600 to truck it over -- I will take the sum of that equalling $10,610.

I have done some road tests and the car runs great - good power and smooth shifting - I have topically gone over the car and it seems to be solid and just in need of some bits and pieces.

2. Gator1

Gator1 Karting

Sep 23, 2014
    Westport, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Herm
    Great looking ride. Saw it on BAT. What are the bits and pieces you think it needs.

3. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    My second favorite British car right after the Healy 3000. They all need a real battery and now you can find electronic ignitions for them too at which point they will even run when it rains. Deal with wife #2 says the garage will not become an automotive workshop and one car at a time besides my truck. Used to have a hobby garage in an industrial park where I spent a lot of time working on my own and stop by friends. Part of the reason now with wife #2...

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    That is a really nice TR-6. Mine was a 1969 that was almost identical. I had white racing stripes. Loved that car. GLWS.

5. Fort Worth 360

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort worth Texas
    Seems to be mainly the door window seals windshield moldings a rear pair of shocks. Speedometer not working but suspect it is a typical tr cable problem dash lights and trunk light. So far that is what I have come up with

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Fort Worth 360

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort worth Texas
  7. Fort Worth 360

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort worth Texas
    just got done rebuilding the entire rear suspension - all bushings, boots, bumpers and brakes - also have replaced all the rubber mouldings on windshield and door glass - got the speedo cable replaced, radiator shroud and windshield washer installed -