1975 308 GT4 #10314 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

1975 308 GT4 #10314

Discussion in '308/328' started by DavidDriver, May 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
  2. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
  3. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    David,

More pics!

Rob

4. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver

Attached Files:

5. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    I've tried to load a couple of others, but they keep getting cut short. Maybe they're more than 5mb? I'll try to post a few more, once I get them a little better organized.

This one looks a little weird, though I don't know why.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
  7. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    David,

Where is that?

Rob

8. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    Overlooking Noyo Harbor in Fort Bragg.

After selling our home last May, I was unable to find a rental because I had injured my arm in April, was on FMLA leave from work, and therefore had no paycheck stubs to submit with a rental application, to prove I was currently employed. Since most everything is now automated and humans are often absent from the 'applicant selection process', my applications for rentals (the few that I could apply for, without a 'required' paycheck stub), were never even considered. After about 3 weeks of this, and little time left to move, I realized I needed to simply put everything in storage and prepare to live in a hotel. I also started looking outside of Southern California, and since my dad lives NE of Sacramento near Grass Valley I decided to look up here too. My dad will turn 90, later this year and living closer to him, at this point seemed more appropriate than remaining in SoCal.

I grew-up in Fort Bragg as a teenager and went to junior-high and high-school here. When I left Fort Bragg to live with my dad in Sunnyvale in 1974, he had recently rented a larger apartment with a roommate (also from Fort Bragg), who he helped get a job in the electronics industry. His name was Dominic and his family is very well known up here. They owned many lots and houses and rentals when I lived here and still own quite a few, in addition to a popular restaurant down in the harbor as well as a motel on Main St. (PCH - Hwy 1), where my wife have stayed a few times, probably 20-30 years ago.

Not finding any rentals near my dad, I looked over here on the coast, on a whim, and found only one house available for rent. When I looked at the rental on Zillow it said to call someone named Anthony, with the same last name as Dominic. So when I called I asked, "Do you know Dominic?" and he replied "Dominic is my brother". As it turns out, the Dominic I know is his cousin and not his brother, but to make long-story-shorter, I told him who I was, and who I knew who still lived here, what class I was in, etc, and also gave him a snapshot of my bank balance with the proceeds from the sale of our home, and he happily rented their former 'family residence' overlooking the harbor to me.

The view from here is incredible. The sunsets are amazing. This may be the best weather in all of California - and, it's a very safe distance from the city. What's not to like?

Also, if you love to drive, Hwy 20 to Willits (the quickest way out of here), is 33 miles of twisty, windy switch-backs with several long stretches , where you could go much much faster than the 55mph speed limit through an outstanding forest of redwoods (The Jackson Demonstration Forest) if you know the road well enough to slow-down before the next big hair-pin corner.

Oh how I wish the GT4 was back together, because I'd love to take it across that road!

Brian Harper, NoGoSlow and dinogt4guy like this.
  9. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    If you go to Red Lobster, in some of the restaurants you can see an old black-&-white photo of a portion of the hillside, in the first photo of the harbor in the previous post. If I recall correctly, it also shows a portion of the 'old' steel bridge, which of course is now covered in concrete. I know Santa Clarita has that picture on the wall.

10. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Amazing Story!

11. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    I grew up in the bay and I remember driving up to that cove as a kid and it being featured in “overboard”.

the pacific region of the fca used to have their annual abalone run picnic at salt point. Not sure if they are still doing it…

12. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    Yes, that would be a fantastic drive up the coast!