1975 308GT4 #10636 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

1975 308GT4 #10636

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Jay GT4, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
  2. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Martin (Cavallino Motors) has a 208 GT4 that is partially track ready also.

Mine is an early car (75) and it has many euro parts on it, before the change over to the US car. I have a euro air box, fuel tanks and other odds and ends.

3. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Need help from my gt/4 buds - does anyone know the steering scrub radius of a GT/4 (or even a 246) or can point me to a document that would have it?
    Many thanks!!
    rt

Some pictures of modified GT4 for race track, taken in SPA, Belgium.[/QUOTE]

Terrific photos - any engine shots? Would love to see what type of air boxes (if any) they were using!

4. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    I would think that the owners manual would have it. Let me check it out later today and get back to you unless someone else does.

Terrific photos - any engine shots? Would love to see what type of air boxes (if any) they were using![/QUOTE]

5. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Russ,
    I am not sure what you mean by scrub? But here is the info from the 75 gt4 workshop manual.
    Rob

6. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Well, the unthinkable has happened. I installed the new hood pins in the GT4. Pulling the release cable unlocked one side (drivers) but not the other! I tried the emergency pull, which worked fine before the pin went into the latch, and now it is seized. I think that the pin wasn't centered when it went in and now won't release from the latch. I've tried everything to get it to release, tapping on the hood, gently trying to shake it loose but to no avail. Even took apart the main release for both sides and tried pulling on the cable in the hope it will pull the latch further open, but it just isn't working. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to pry the open side up too much, I don't want to bend the hood.

7. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Just got subscribed so here are some pics of the new style oil cooler from Ferrari UK, the hole on the bottom of my fuel tank. Now it seems that my springs in the rear are no good. After driving a few thousand KM, the back tires are almost touching the inner fender, I have lots of rubs!

8. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel

Hi Jay,
    I had the same problem with my front hood. At the left side the cable was broken and the emergency cable wasn't fitted.
    When you take of the front wheel you see inside a sort of "bal" where the hood pin falls in. I drilled a hole in it an with a srewdriver I could open it.
    Maybe it helps a little bit to find a solution for your problem.

(sorry for bad englisch, it is difficult to explain exactly what I mean in a foreign language :) )

Ciao,

9. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I have the great priviledge of holding onto the "Luigi Bruzio Memorial Trophy" for the next year. My wife and I won the Annual FCA rally in our GT4!

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Concrats!~!!%#$!! ;)

Pete

11. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Congratulations Jay!!!

Dom

12. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Way to go, must be a nice feeling to get out on the road after those years of rebuilding her, and drive in club events.

13. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Took Rick (Big Red) out for a blast on Friday with the GT4 and I think it is now time to put her away for the winter. Mid November is not that bad!