For Sale - 1975 Jeep CJ5 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1975 Jeep CJ5

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Mang, Jul 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I acquired this ‘project’ Jeep nearly a year ago. Have had cool plans for it, and assembled lots of rare parts to complete it, but I simply have too many cars/projects so looking for a new home. It is without a doubt the most beautiful blue and quality finished ‘Jeep’ I have ever seen. You be the judge. Note, the paint is show quality, not a blemish or scratch or flaw anywhere. It has a rebuilt 304 V8 and everything mechanical is rebuilt or new. The motor and compartment are gorgeous clean to look at, sorry no photo. I have an old stock brand new CJ5 black vinyl top that is 15 years old. It has the dual windows in the door, no longer made…etc. lots of rare valuable bits go with it. I never took photos to showcase it, as it has been undergoing work, so examine what is here for now. It’s stored a fair distance from me, so fresh photos may have to wait.

1975 means NO SMOG crap required, even in Commiefornia. The rig is in storage, is clear titled and ready to go.

All the heavy lifting is done, finishing to your taste is all there is left to do. $15k
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3367421

Texas Forever and 1Superleggera like this.
  2. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I went to storage yesterday to exercise cars. It’s dusty in there unfortunately but I took a few more pics of this project cj5. Is there anyone looking for an amazingly beautiful blue show quality nearly finished project? Lots of new parts, beautiful 304 V8 motor, parts in boxes to finish, lots of cool details, right down to heated seats. I have too many cars/projects. Someone wanna finish this beauty?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
  4. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    ps. Left to do;

mostly finish the new wiring loom, and replace some dash switches, etc.
    Mostly finish up wiring, replace original pull knobs with new - decide on whether to attach a top at all? The fellow I got it from wanted to run it with no roll bar, no top, no flares. Just dry weather open cruiser. I have a rare new old stock black bestop with upper and lower door windows, and the hardware that goes with. I also acquired a roll bar and the flares are in a box. It’s still feasible to go plain Jane look or add the accessories included. It’s finish work and sorting that is left. I acquired original chrome rear bumperettes ready if want that look.

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Wow, what a blast of nostalgia! I had a ‘72 CJ5 Renegade. It was fast as hell through 1st and 2nd gear, but I’d get dusted when I hit third. No way in hell I’d drive it without a roll bar! :)

Mang likes this.
  6. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Darn, that is just what I am looking for, for my daughter. The distance between us is a problem!

Mang likes this.
  7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ditto the roll bar...my brother's Dallas bimbo reeched down to light her smoke and uprooted a City Fire hydrant.
    Broke her (already too prominent ) nose right into the dash

Full roll bar absolutely needed...
    GLWS!!

Mang likes this.
  8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Does it run and drive?

9. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I drove it onto a trailer and brought it home. I don’t want to attempt a restart until a fuel flush. It has stabil in it, but has sat for a while. That’s part of the sorting…a full tune up and fluid refresh is in order. Previous owner told me he drove it around a bit while he was working on it. It was a father/son project and he pulled me aside the day I loaded it…while his goth looking son was hangin around and told me he and his son nearly tore each others heads off while working on it and get it the hell out of here!:eek:

jimpo1 likes this.