1976 308 GTB Exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1976 308 GTB Exhaust

Discussion in '308/328' started by jeff308gtb, Feb 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    You need either an original single tip for your VR or a very good reproduction made by a company in Italy...made correctly right down to the welds and part number location. I can’t find it but there is a link to their website in another exhaustive thread here somewhere. I found a virtually unused original single tip and I suspect there are many about as folks removed them for quads back in the day.

2. Tvjake2

Tvjake2 Karting

Jun 28, 2017
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom J.

That would be if you were going for ASI, Classiche or another rating. The car runs better with the quads than the singles and it's not hard to reform that bottom valance to accommodate no cutouts which were an option on European delivered cars.

3. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    I disagree...I have both a Euro Dry sump car with single exhaust and a USA quad tipped wet sump car...albeit both '77s. The Euro is way fiestier, even with the single tip. The only "rating" that matters is what this vetroresina owner (the OP) likes...

4. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
  5. Tvjake2

Tvjake2 Karting

Jun 28, 2017
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom J.
    Exactly....

6. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Thanks for the link to the site where I can find a reproduction single tip exhaust. I hope that you are right concerning the availability of originals. I haven't been able to find one yet. Concerning the reproduction piece, is the grey color correct for the exhaust? I always thought of these exhaust to have more of a raw metal look, a less finished look.

7. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    I looked into this before restoring mine and may have commented elsewhere...I have no clue. They are all rusty grey brown and every tint and shade in between now. I have pictures of grey, brown, nearly white, and nearly black. I think any medium grey with a chrome tip is right.