1977 308 GT4 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1977 308 GT4

Discussion in '308/328' started by Michael Keathley, Feb 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael Keathley

Aug 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael Keathley
    Unfortunately, Brian has chosen not to take on this car as a project. He feels it is too much work. I guess he has a different vision from most of us. Me? I just want to get the car running and drive it until it falls apart. I think he envisions a total restore and recommended that I sell this one as a donor car. Regardless, I asked for a quote but he would not give me one. Essentially, he made the choice for me so I’m stuck either way.

I am sad to say... I guess the car will be going up for sale as a donor car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Too much work to get running correctly? My guess is that he is too busy. Get it fixed by someone else. Drive it. dont let it go. you will regret it. Your Pops will be happy is my guess

steved033 and Michael Keathley like this.
  3. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    Michael
    I would love to take this project on as I’m looking for another project to do with my 2 sons and daughter. Let me know when you decide to sell.
    Thanks Jay

Michael Keathley likes this.
  4. Michael Keathley

Aug 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael Keathley
    That’s really what I want to do. I want to at least get the engine going. I don’t know who else to turn to? I’ve already thrown over 10k at the car and and was prepared to throw more at it. Brian was clear in his advise that I scrap that car and buy another one. He seems to truly believe this is a donor car. I can’t imagine he would tell me to sell it knowing how close to the family the car is.

5. Michael Keathley

Aug 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael Keathley
    Thank you. I will keep it in mind. Do you want to make an offer on it? I don’t really know where to start I guess. I’d have to get more info on the value of the car.

6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Maybe I missed something, Why were you told to scrap the car/ Brian knows these cars very well, but its your dads car , what could be so wrong?

7. Michael Keathley

Aug 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael Keathley
    He felt it was not a wise financial decision to do so. In other words, it’ll cost more to restore than it is to buy another.

8. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    and? It's your money, do what you want with it.

9. Michael Keathley

Aug 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael Keathley
    Like I said... he doesn’t want to do it. Do you know someone else in the San Antonio area who would be willing to make repairs?

10. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I'm afraid I don't, what's it need? I'll ask around for you...

sjd

11. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Why the big worry of restoring? Just get it running for now ,thats it. Dont lose the car if you can. Also what is the Chassis number in the door jamb?

12. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
  13. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name: