Buy

For Sale 1977 USA 308 GTB

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Hannibal308, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood
    Full Name:
    Will
    #1 Hannibal308, Jun 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    1977 US 308 GTB #21081

US$90K

34K miles original.

Plusses: Original miles, interior and paint, there is literally no rust on this car’s b0dy (other than normal surface oxidation on the underside of panels...no bubbling or any evidence of meaningful rust anywhere that I have ever looked), Campy wheels in excellent condition, new XWXs, Carbs completely rebuilt, brakes rebuilt, pertronix ignition, timing belts with Hill bearings...all in under 1000 miles. All glass in excellent condition. Interior leather in excellent condition with mild patina and no holes or tears anywhere in leather (see below). Driven short distances regularly.

Minusses: Original paint has classic crazing. This car was over zealously polished and there is an area on each of the front fenders where the paint was polished through so the yellow-tan primer can be seen. It is visible but does not stand out like dog’s balls. The left rear fender has a similar but incomplete burn in the paint that does not show the primer but is dull. There are a few small indentations on the upper surface of the right front fender that look like hail damage but aren’t seen anywhere else on the car so likely are not hail. Before I had the car it was in an estate sale...it looks to me like a mouse or mice got into the interior and enjoyed the synthetic vinyl right next to the shifter gate where they left two small defects, and the same vinyl around the parking break lever where they left a roughly silver dollar sized defect. Each can be seen in pics. There are no other damaged areas that I have found and there are no areas where they appear to have set up residence. The interior smells of leather and oil and fuel, just as my other two 308s...no strange pest smells or anything else untoward. The front bonnet release is a cable to pull...the usual lever and surround are MIA.

Car has a partial tool kit and full jack kit, full-size campy spare, original operators handbook, and the modern fuse block uninstalled with instructions. The original Californian mirror will come with the car...I leave it off to avoid breaking it when walking past the car when it’s covered (I’ve done this on one of my other 308s).More pics to follow...

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood
    Full Name:
    Will
  4. Martyt

Martyt Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Is the car in Hawaii?

5. To remove this ad click here.

6. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood
    Full Name:
    Will
    Good question,

Car is in Cottonwood, AZ

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    A very fine example....GLWS!!!!

8. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    Looks like a fun car to enjoy while working on it. Love the colors. Good Luck!

9. SteveG75

SteveG75 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2010
    FL
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Wow, exact color scheme/interior as 21169 which I sold 5 years ago.

10. To remove this ad click here.