Sold - 1980 Ducati 900 SSD- All original. | FerrariChat

Sold 1980 Ducati 900 SSD- All original.

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tamaren, Mar 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tamaren

Tamaren Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Tempe, AZ, Westcliffe, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Wesley K.
    I’m regrettably selling the best bike I’ve ever owned.

I was informed of “an old Ducati” in a garage somewhere in my hometown, deep in the mountains of Colorado, and I was intrigued. I was expecting a lot of things, but this was not one of them. This 1980 Ducati 900SSD was sitting in the corner of a climate controlled shop since 1984, and only taken out of the corner once a year to be dusted and cleaned. It still had the original front tire on it, and was in almost identical shape in which you see it today.

The paperwork I have is extensive, I have every single service receipt from the dealer it was purchased at Rissmann Motors in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Starting with the original bill of sale and check stub for the down payment, with a total cost of 4,444.00 on September 26, 1980. I have the warranty card from Ducati as well as the Pre-delivery checklist. Pictures of all are included below, as well as a copy of the original owner’s title. At the time of this writing, it has done around 10,600 total miles.

In the 10,500 miles the original owner put on the bike, He changed the rear tire and the rear shocks, as well as the chain and clutch cable. Those are the only things that aren’t directly from the factory floor that I don’t have. All the parts like the original fuel line, original tires, and original (and complete!) tool kit, Plus many others are included in the sale price. My goal was to make the bike rideable, but if somebody wanted to put all the original parts back on for a show piece they could.

When I got the bike and brought it to Phoenix, AZ where the bike is currently located, did the following things, all documented in the binder with the paperwork. As an overview,

New tires

New fuel petcocks

New chain (DID 530 O-ring)

Oil and filter

Antigravity battery

Rebuilt Carbs (Original Dellorto PHF carbs)

Intake gaskets

All brake lines

The bike has the original paint, and the original Silentium exhaust. The two tank paint chips and the dent in the exhaust on the passenger side, as it was explained to me, around 1983 the bike was parked with the kickstand uphill and fell, causing those flaws. I chose not to repair them to keep the bike original, but a skilled painter could fix the tank without a complete respray, as well as replace the exhaust.

The only other flaw the bike has is an intermittent charging light- I started to diagnose the problem but ran out of time. The abridged version is I have power coming from the alternators, but nothing out of the voltage regulator, meaning it probably needs replaced.

Sorry about the long sale post- I know it’s a lot of information I’m just very passionate about this motorcycle. It’s just one of the most original 900SSD’s out there, and I just don’t ride it enough. If you’ve never ridden a Bevel Ducati- there is nothing else like it. Only a few of these exist, One of the rarest bevel twins.

Here’s a quick rundown, with a link to a video and high-quality pictures.

1980 Ducati 900 Super Sport Darmah

10,500 original miles

All original parts and paperwork included, as well as original owners manual.

Clean title in my name

Runs and rides like a dream. Fires up instantly.

Headlight, turn signals, neutral light, brake light, exc. All work like they should.

I’m asking $13,500 Or Best Offer. Bike is located in Tempe, Arizona. Will deliver anywhere west of Texas for $500.00, East coast and Canada/Alaska are negotiable.

All High-res Photos (addresses and title numbers photoshopped out for privacy): https://imgur.com/a/4nLagQD

Short video from onboard, sorry about the shaky footage:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

EarlyCat likes this.
  2. Tamaren

Tamaren Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Tempe, AZ, Westcliffe, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Wesley K.
    Sold! Thanks!

3. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Very nice. I’ve never heard of an item on a motorcycle being described as on the “passenger side”.... does that mean the right side?

Looks like the 1983 kicksatand snafu also curly-cued the front brake lever.

Well sold !

I’ll add that I can never understand how someone can ride a street bike without gloves and/or a riding jacket. It just feels wrong to me.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    LOL!

Congrats!
    Rare indeed!

I blast around the hood gloveless, and yesterday the leather coat was a black Western Scully blazer!
    But I have all "the gear.".