1984 308 GTS QV | Page 4 | FerrariChat

1984 308 GTS QV

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Bones2U, Feb 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    It looks like this one is going to the dealer next week. They are the only ones with the cash right now. They are going to get their hands on as many cars as they can and then raise the prices in a couple of years. Interesting to see how the market forces work on these older cars.

2. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
  3. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    For all those asking this one is still available.

4. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    There is a 2.9 percent duty importing into the USA, isn't there? and 60K US is about 74K Canadian, and in my mind for a Canadian car that is a lot. Lots of cars in Canada are priced in 12 month ago pricing. I am looking at a 79 GTS US car imported into Canada, only 40K USD and real nice. Today I can get a 77 GTB for 60K, 16 inch tires and electronic ignition, but no smog pumps, and if you want it original and platinum winner it would be expensive to bring it to that condition, maybe 30K.

5. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    I'm not even sure where to start:

1) The import duty is 2.5% plus Ferrari takes another .25% for a grand total of 2.75%
    2) Show me where you can get a 308 for $40K (anywhere in the world) that is worth buying? I guess we must be pretty stupid here in Canada and just give away our cars.
    3) A 77 GTB for $60K? Show me that one too as most I know go for $90+
    4) $30K to bring it up to Platinum Level? How would you know that? Have you seen this car?

6. buckminster

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    #81 buckminster, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    Yes, just passed on the GTB #21777, its going to a dealer or eBay Monday, if you want I can hook you up with the guy, he's in Toronto, just PM me and I have 150 pics and the advice of Tim Stanford as wells as Luc from RPM, the guy that did the GTB that sold at Amelia and was a Platinum winner. And we are also actively pursuing several wet sump cars 40K USD and LOWER and they are worth buying. Don't freak out buddy, I will hook you up if you want that car. PM me and I will send you the link to the pics. got all the tools as well. Great car just not for me, I have a GTS already.

7. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    U don't have to travel the world but since u are asking , I sold a 2 owner Gts original paint with less than 20k chassis miles with a new factory crate motor for 28k last summer. I'm only about two hours from you. Id say it was worth buying since it was being stored in a heated garage for the last 35years and driven sparingly. I sold it cuz Im looking for a Gtb. I'm part Canadian btw :)

Be careful what you are asking, I've notice Fchatters don't always want to hear a answer that doesn't agree with them.

Now on the flip side if you car was originally imported from the usa (most were) and it goes back there u don't have to pay tax on it. So that 2.5 percent is way more than a wash....

Best of luck with your sale.

8. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    So, let me get this straight. You sold a 2 owner car with 20,000 miles that was never driven and stored in a heated garage (for 35 years no less) that STILL, for whatever reason, needed a fresh motor? Oh ya, and it was never driven.....LOL. Did the motor fall out on it's own? I'm glad that you were able to find a new crate motor probably direct from the Ferrari factory. I think that what us FChatters are tired of is all the BS we have to endure here in the for sale section. I think you did well at $28K BTW.

9. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    #84 myronx19, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    HEY! I went for a ride in 21777 last year (I think it was spring of '14). Owner was selling it for $43K CAD, but it needed paint - interior was in great shape, mechanicals were great as well.. I thought it was a little overpriced (at the time) considering it needed paint (had 16" wheels, the original 14"s were long gone) but today that's a bargain considering the car was in great shape other than the paint.

Where is it now? I didn't have a chance to put in an offer as it sold to the guy before me (sale was pending when I saw it). The colour was kind of unusual, Rosso Bordeux on tan - I've never seen that shade of red. The aluminum undertray had a slight tear in it on the driver side.. mileage was quite low, and the engine bay was spotless. The car was well cared for.

That VIN stuck in my mind, I call it lucky 7's.. considering it's a 77 ;)

10. buckminster

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    It seems to be a very good solid car.

11. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    "$59,999 - Won't Last Long"... You've been threatening to take it to a dealer for a month now, maybe it's time you did that. GLWS

12. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Why don't you pay $15 and get a paid subscription before you tell people what they should be doing with their cars? You prrobably don't even have a credit card do you? My other 2 cars are already at a dealer. This one will go when I'm ready.

Thanks,

M.

13. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    I simply suggested that maybe it's time for you to do what you, yourself have been threatening to do for a month. I'm sorry if your own words are offensive to you. I do have one credit card; it's maxed out though, so I can't fit $15 on it right now :) GLWS

14. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    #89 Bones2U, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

Not sure why I have been snapping lately. I need to relax a bit.

15. PlaysWithItalians

PlaysWithItalians Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's because we are passionate about our cars, and there is a part of us that want to see them go to a good home that will take good care of them. Plenty of armchair quarterbacks available to make comments which may or may not have any basis in reality.

How many times do we get asked "how fast does it go?" when the best answer is "who would honestly take a 30+ year old car faster than 100 mph?" I just say it goes as fast as my 9-year old daughter thinks it goes.

Right now I'm just "laughing all the way to the bank" for the folks who asked questions about the "sticky buttons" on my 308, or wondered if a slight bumper gap suggested crash damage, and then offered cash purchases in the low 20's. Over the past two years since I first put the car up for sale, the market suggests that my car has gained about $20k in value. Not that it matters, as I am keeping the car for the next few years. It simply allows me to justify spending more money on making it better while I continue to drive it on a regular basis.

Emotion is why we bought these cars in the first place, and thus it influences how we react to other's opinions of our cars. Not everyone wears the same set of rose colored driving glasses. And that's fine, because mine are prescription anyway... ;-)

16. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Finally, somebody who "gets it". I'm not in a rush to give away this great car. I'd rather wait for the person who appreciates the finer details in life. There are so few clean examples available.

Amen!

17. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    yes it had create motor put in within its first two years by the original owner. if you weren’t so ignorant you would know it wasn’t uncommon for early gtsi's to have the motor replace by the factory with oiling issues. perhaps you can check with your schumy mechanic though he mostly likely wasn’t born yet when this recall happened.

driven sparingly doesn’t mean it wasn’t driven.

“us FChatters are tired of is all the BS we have to endure here”… what’s exactly was the BS with my statement? beside you are one of the newer Fchatter here.

im not here to piss all over your sales but when you come off abrasive, defensive and ignorant towards peeps with valid questions or answers, its quite off putting.

yes i sold it for a fair price though the fellow who bought it listed it for double a week later. but then again you didnt you say it wasnt worth having? I suppose this is the speculators market we are in...

18. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    So, you are bent because you sold to early - sorry to hear !

19. Svito

Svito Karting

May 13, 2013
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Svito Puko
    Bones2U is right. You must be a moron if you come here and write proudly you have sold a couple of GTS (doesnt matter which year) for 28k (with brand new factory engine!). Or most probably you are just enriching the list of BS of this forum.

20. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    You said that you did the motor last Summer in your original post. FYI - I've been a member here since 2008.

21. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/461388-308-gtsi-80-20k-miles-28-500-obo.html

my neighbor picked up a gt4 from oaklahoma 12k and driove it back 1000 miles. A co-worker bought a pristine gtsi for 24k all this last summer. Both these guys already have fcars plus SHiEt load of other exclusive vintage rides. We just buy what we like to drive and then move on. That's the whole point isn't it ?

Why should I be sore? Im thinking about jumping into a Gtb. Besides strictly ferrari will sell a euro gt4 dino I sold him for probably close to 10x more. Since you are in Miami stop by Naples and see the car at the shop if u like.... Please say hi say to Al from the "moron BSer" for me.

Nice karma on this thread. ..

I said it had a factory create replacement motor in it shorty after it was originally purchased. The car was local, I actually know the sales person at the dealership that sold it new in 1980.

2008... Some of us have been here longer

Anyhow GLWTS

22. Svito

Svito Karting

May 13, 2013
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Svito Puko
    Well i saw your post of the car you sold last year. Sorry i could not believe someone had given away such a car for that price.... It was not a bs, you did it for real.
    Well i am feeling myself like a moron now since I've paid the mine one much more. I will be waiting the moment when you will give away your GTB, hope you gonna quote it again far below the market value.

23. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    I've been told to move this car by the boss!

$54,000 Takes this beautiful car away as is!! Call it an early Easter present.

M.

24. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    This is the only car I have left friends! The 78 Michelotto car sold yesterday and the 83 is already at the dealer. Get this one while it is still available! One heck of a deal at this price. You won't be dissapointed in the quality. A very clean example! Come see for yourself.

M.

25. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    #100 red3555gtb, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Congrats on the sale of your 78......I'm going to miss seeing it at Paloma.