1984 308QV Master Cylinder replacement reservoir issue | FerrariChat

1984 308QV Master Cylinder replacement reservoir issue

Discussion in '308/328' started by jimmyp11, Jan 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimmyp11

jimmyp11 Karting

Dec 25, 2019
    Port Charlotte FL
    Full Name:
    jim patterson
    Hi all, I have read all the master cylinder threads and have the videos posted which are very helpful. But I have a question. I have a model with the single cap reservoir and blue cap that has the level wires. After I reassemble this I need to remove the blue cap to add fluid to that side. Well, it does not just screw off like the other side. I dont want to damage it and I can't seem to figure out how to remove it. It is on there extremely tight. I did get the reservoir off without damage.

One last question does there need to be any gasket maker applied to the new master cylinder where it goes into the brake booster? It looks like some kind of old factory "goop" is present.

Thanks
    jim

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Don't follow you here -- I believe the two "sides" are not completely sealed from each other (and fluid will "waterfall" into the chamber without the filler cap).

3. jimmyp11

jimmyp11 Karting

Dec 25, 2019
    Port Charlotte FL
    Full Name:
    jim patterson
    Gotcha - that makes sense. It just looked like initially they were separate chambers. I see now what you mean. Cased solved. Blue cap does not come off.

thanks

4. jimmyp11

jimmyp11 Karting

Dec 25, 2019
    Port Charlotte FL
    Full Name:
    jim patterson
    Well, the master cylinder replacement was a success - Thanks to Nuvolari for the excellent videos.

-jim