For Sale - 1984 Ferrari 308GTS QV | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1984 Ferrari 308GTS QV

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by rdefabri, Jan 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DANGIT

DANGIT Rookie

Jan 28, 2020
    Staten Island, New York
    Full Name:
    Ross Esposito
    Hi, I'm in Central NJ - where are you located? I have activly shopping 308s and 328s - Can you PM me, I cannot seem to be able to PM you yet I just joined.

Thanks

2. Ozoner

Ozoner Rookie

Feb 8, 2020
    Earth
    #27 Ozoner, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    I also tried to find a way to PM with no avail. Clicking the avatar to find contacts or start conversation did not work as someone mentioned. I guess all dealings are public on this site? Or newbies have to earn it after a few posts?. Can anybody educate us on private messaging or is it not available? Should we just post our E-mail address or FB info? I am also interested in buying this car. Thanks in advance.

3. Ozoner

Ozoner Rookie

Feb 8, 2020
    Earth
    Never mind ignore this post lol. Once I was posted i have the start conversation option..., Yay! Now to try to buy a car. Thanks

4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Car will hopefully be on BaT soon.

5. Ozoner

Ozoner Rookie

Feb 8, 2020
    Earth
    Wondering if your car was on BaT yet? I have been watching, did I miss it?

6. Ozoner

Ozoner Rookie

Feb 8, 2020
    Earth
    Just sold for 49k on BaT > Man
    Just sold for 49k on BaT. I wish I'd known the seller would go that low! I was told by him he turned down 55k and that 60k was the lowest. I'm thinking with all that is going on these cars are way down. A few 84 and 85's in the last month have not brought much on BaT. Buyers market I'm thinking!

7. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Should've bid on his car then.

308 milano likes this.
  8. Ozoner

Ozoner Rookie

Feb 8, 2020
    Earth
    Yea maybe. But there was a bidding war between two buyers and who knows what I'd have paid. I was a buyer at 50 and with 5% buyers fee on top of who knows what the ending bid would be with 3 battling it out lol. It was fun to watch it jump the last few minutes though!

9. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    How do you know if the reserve was met on BaT?

10. Ozoner

Ozoner Rookie

Feb 8, 2020
    Earth
    If you read the comments the seller responds and the ad says sold. If a reserve is not met it will say Bid to dollar amount. His car was beautiful and from what I read in the comments he was in a tough spot and really needed to sell his car so the buyer got a decent deal. I also read that there might have been an issue with the title, not sure if that hurt the amount.

Simon^2 likes this.
  11. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Congrats on the sale Rich. I'm sure it's bittersweet. I hope this is the first step on things improving for you.

12. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    I should have bid, but figured it wouldn't have met reserve anyway and/or one of the others would just out bid me anyway. Congrats to the seller, hope the cash bump gets you through to better things

13. 45exc

45exc Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    thank you