For Sale - 1984 Ferrari 512 BBi - one owner car | Page 4 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1984 Ferrari 512 BBi - one owner car

Discussion in 'Cars' started by AMG USA, Nov 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CiaoBB

CiaoBB Rookie

Dec 28, 2009
    Bay Area
    Not sure what items you feel do not pass the "smell test" but here is what I know. The owner of this 512 is well know to me. He is a real car guy as you would expect a person who has owned and maintained a Ferrari from new for 36 years. We became friends after he purchased my 1974 Porsche factory IROC RSR, aka "the Fittipaldi IROC", from me and a few years later a factory 1978 Porsche 935 that was the personal racecar of Gianpiero Moretti, aka "the MOMO 935."
    Ironically we were both in Italy picking up our 512's at the same time. Mine from Roberto Crepaldi at Crepaldi Automobili in Milan and my friend's, the subject car in this thread, directly at the factory arranged by Ron Tonkin. I have seen the factory invoice and it is directly from Ferrari to my friend. It is a one owner, properly maintained BB512i.
    Obviously anyone looking at purchasing this car will have to do their own due diligence but I believe you will not be disappointed.

donv, Graz, blu328gts and 8 others like this.
  2. CiaoBB

CiaoBB Rookie

Dec 28, 2009
    Bay Area
    According to the owner getting the front bonnet grill painted red was a bit of a struggle but he says it was done at the factory.

of2worlds, blu328gts and Il Tifoso like this.
  3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I love this. F-chat is an awesome place with awesome people. :D

Graz, msdesignltd, Racedrvr and 2 others like this.
  4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    If I had the money, this car would be mine. Love the full red with the non-Boxer paint (black lower halves) and I LOVE the red Zegna interior. I'd remove that "Unleaded Fuel Only" sticker and keep everything else as-is. :) Love love love it.

spike308, sixcarbs and G. Pepper like this.
  5. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hello,

I made that comment nineteen days ago. Day five of COVID-19 positive.

My wife is high risk so I self quarantined in my man cave (aka, my basement)

Between the fever, chills and night sweats I went stir crazy and pretty much offended everyone. IIRC I told everyone here on Ferrari Chat to go **** themselves.

I've already apologized to Rob Lay for my comments.

Joe.

turbokraft, Ron328, 1mean3 and 11 others like this.
  6. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
  7. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

8. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Correct. Non-original. Removed will make the car seem better and original. IMHO.... but what do I know.... Ferrari dreams on a Porsche budget. ;)

Pawilly likes this.
  9. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    True about the price... all I will say :) ;)

10. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Well the Porsche behind it looks like an R. I wonder what those are trading for these days?

;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You have been here a long time....Get Well Soon!!

The bug is nothing to trifle with, hope all is ok.

To the car, if the seats are still original frames, then a new pair of covers, and taking off the shields gets the car back to original specs and it is what it is....
    GLWS!!

12. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    LVP488, forstephan, LARRYH and 21 others like this.
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    OMG so much better. She's a beauty.

14. albert cortina

Jun 14, 2018
    As much as the modern Ferrari's have the "WOW" factor for looks with colors, wheel options, colored calipers, etc...A naked Ferrari such as this one is truly a beautiful car..You get to admire the lines and shapes without being distracted by the lipstick & glitter..Though I am partial to the black Boxer bottoms since my father owned #51339..Miss that car...A Happy & Healthy New Year to all!

Jakuzzi, blu328gts and of2worlds like this.
  15. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012
    Wow....what a gorgeous car!
    (good call on the sticker removal)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  16. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Saw her yesterday in the flesh. The pics don’t do it justice. For the age, very impressive. This is a beautiful car. The undercarriage is as clean as the body.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #92 msdesignltd, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Years ago, there was a thread on front hood grill color.. I believe the final verdict was...They ( Red Cars )were available and shipped with all 3 colors, Black, Anodized and self red ..

This is a fantastic car at a 1990's price point.

can we see a full front head on view with headlights up...My Fave Boxer POV

18. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    I visited Atlantis Motor Group yesterday to view the car. First rate dealership with very knowledgeable and engaging staff. The car is beautiful!

of2worlds and Manda racing like this.
  19. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hey Jerome..Where have you been for past 5 years??
    Hope you are well!

20. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I think this is the sweetest ride available in the FChat classifieds right now!

21. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Hello there! I was taking a break from websites and forums as my career and location changed...I am back!

22. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    What a stunning example! The BB will be my first “classic” Ferrari, just not yet.

23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    LOL!
    Had Covid in mid March, told my sweet and gorgeous wife to go **** herself to which she responded with a smile that she would consider it at a loss to myself.
    Took a lot of 'splaining and pulling links on the internet to show her I was not in control of my wits at the time.....:oops:

24. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

This one happens to be the best of the BBs & BBi on the market currently.

25. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I remember in the mid to late nineties , back when I bought my 328, the owner of the Ferrari dealer in Newport Beach, I believe it was a dealer, had such a car , the BBI was an 84 or 85, and as God as my judge, the same owner had a 288 GTO, in as good as shape, and an F40, all at the same time, in the same place !!! All I could think of was wanting to drive these cars, wishing that I was the lucky owner !! As usually the case, these cars were never going to see the top side of any paved road, outside of being on the back of a trailer. The dealership was owned by a guy who was around my age whos name was Armen, and his father. He was cool and always took the time to talk to me when I stopped by. Now that strip of Newport Blvd holds a brand new Ferrari dealership, along with another exotic car establishment , with no trace of what was once there, nor the owners, Most likely the old place was sold, and I have not seen any of the original people. The BBi for me, more than any other F car , really represents the true essence of Ferrari for that period, which by the way is the Period which most people around the world recognize what is Ferrari. I wonder what fortunate F car lover will end up with this in their garage, with that being said, maybe he will get some long term seat time.

Thank you,

Il Tifoso and cnpapa24 like this.