Sold - 1985 Mondial Quattrovalvole Cabriolet: Belts in 2022, Receipts, Great Condition $46,750 WI, USA | FerrariChat

Sold 1985 Mondial Quattrovalvole Cabriolet: Belts in 2022, Receipts, Great Condition $46,750 WI, USA

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by OldSkoolFool, Oct 28, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OldSkoolFool

OldSkoolFool Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    I have greatly enjoyed this lovely Mondial for a couple years but have decided to sell a couple of my vehicles with the plan of getting a Ferrari 360. This is a beautiful and excellent driving vehicle.

1985 Mondial Quattrovalvole Cabriolet
    • Clean title private sale
    • 48,500 miles
    • 5 speed gated manual
    • Beautiful excellent condition black paint
    • Great condition red leather
    • Belt service and much other servicing in 2022-2023
    • $46,750 OBO
    • Located in Sussex, WI USA 53089
    • Contact via private message, email shanegutbrod at gmail, call 262 three nine one 1069

Pasted below is the longer description. It was intended for general audiences so please ignore some of the info about the Mondial/Ferraris which you probably already know:

For sale is this absolutely lovely driving, extremely nice condition, and well sorted clean title 1985 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet Quattrovalvole. This Mondial provides the full Ferrari experience with the exotic sounding high revving flat plane crank V8 and the gated manual transmission. This is a well maintained example with a folder full of receipts. The timing belt and tensioner maintenance was performed in March of 2022. Other extensive maintenance has been performed and will be listed further below. These Mondials provide such an excellent driving experience and are beautiful machines. The Quattrovalvole model has a nice bump in power compared to older years. The only reason this Mondial is for sale is I am preparing to purchase a Ferrari 360.

The body on this Mondial is exceptionally clean. There are no dings. There are no significant scratches or chips really. The black finish is glossy, smooth, and in excellent condition. This is a super solid car with absolutely no rust issues and no rust repair. Inside the doors, the rockers, the frame, etc. are all solid and do not have any rust issues. The glass is original Ferrari glass and in great shape. The convertible top is in nice shape as is the back window. The lenses throughout are great as is other trim. New hard to find and expensive weather stripping seals for the windows I installed this year. The rims are Ferrari 360 rims and are in excellent condition. I started collecting the factory original rims as well and currently have three (two unmounted and one as the spare in the car).

The interior was extensively detailed and leather treated in summer of 2023. The red leather contrasts beautifully to the black paint. Red with black for these cars is a very very uncommon combo and one of the best. The interior is in very very nice shape. There are no rips or anything nasty. The seats are in excellent shape and very comfortable. Only minor showings of use and age are present. New floor mats were recently installed to protect the very nice condition originals.

For those unfamiliar, the 1985 Mondial Quattrovalvole uses the same drivetrain as the 308 Quattrovalvole. It is a mid mounted 2.9L flat plane crank aluminum V8 with four valves per cylinder. My car is a “Euro” model so it has the added benefit of not having some performance harming emissions crap and the rear end is slicker looking without the USA model’s “diaper”. The Euro model comes stock with proper headers without emissions tubes. I have upgraded the exhaust to a lovely sounding Stebro unit and I still have the stock exhaust as well. The transaxle is of course a proper 5 speed manual and gated. In the context of 1985 these cars are impressive. While not “fast” by modern standards it feels peppy enough to be fun with spirited driving (factory rated 240 hp) and actually handles impressively for the era. The steering feel, smoothness of the engine, linear power delivery of the engine, and shifting of the transmission is a special experience that is unique to a proper Ferrari. I have had two 308s and a 348 prior and this Mondial in my opinion drives nicer than the 308s and not far off from the 348. To me this Mondial QV offers a better driving experience than other exotics I have owned from the era (ex: 911 SC, Carrera, 930, Lotus Turbo Esprit, etc.).

Maintenance wise this Mondial is well sorted. I have a binder full of receipts from prior ownership and my own. From 2005 to 2021 it was driven sparingly for a total of 1,700 miles. It underwent an extensive engine out service 3,600 miles ago. I have the documentation for this of course and it included quite a bit (ex: belts, bearings, seals, valve adjustment, basically all hoses, all fluids, etc. etc. etc.). I have put about 2,000 miles on it since my ownership beginning in late 2021. In March of 2022 the Mondial received new timing belts, new tensioner bearings, new accessory belts, oil change, new brake fluid and brakes bled, new gear lube, new clutch slave cylinder and hose and fluid, new coolant, and new Hankook Ventus V12 tires. In 2023 some examples of maintenance includes a new fusebox upgrade from GT Car Parts with new relays and some fixed connectors (common weak point on these cars), window accelerator units installed, and new convertible top window seals.

The ownership experience for a car like this is excellent. The Mondial community on FerrariChat and Facebook is very active, friendly, and full of info for do-it-yourself-ers. I have not had an issue sourcing parts as the drivetrain is shared with other models like the 308 and there are many sources of new and used parts. T.Rutlands is one of my favorite sources and is based out of Appleton, WI. These cars are actually fairly easy to work on. The driving experience is very special. It is hard to describe. It is an absolute pleasure to snick through the gears hearing the V8 wailing while driving with the top down on a sunny day on the back roads.

Feel free to reach out with more questions. I prefer to chat via phone with serious buyers if there are numerous questions so shoot me your number or I can send mine. This is a well sorted excellent condition car I am only selling due to prepping to get a Ferrari 360. I am selling a couple of my other vehicles as well (super clean 1980 Lotus Esprit S2 42k miles, super clean and nicely upgraded 1970 Opel GT, possibly 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 speed 28k miles). I do not mind dealing with out of state or out of country buyers and can recommend shipping companies if needed. Car is located in Sussex, WI 53089.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. OldSkoolFool

OldSkoolFool Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    This has been sold. I am not finding the edit button to mark it as sold so admin please mark as sold. Thanks.

technom3 likes this.
  3. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    Congratulations on the sale!

4. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Nice example, congrats on moving it to a new home.

technom3 likes this.
  5. OldSkoolFool

OldSkoolFool Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    Thanks Sunshine1 and Glenn Quagmire. Facebook marketplace interest was full of time wasters and low ballers. I was surprised to not receive any interest on the forums here. I listed it on Hemmings and it sold in one day and I received multiple other inquiries after that as well. That was my first time listing a vehicle on Hemmings and I did so per a friend's request. So now I recommend the same to others with reasonably priced Ferraris for sale!

technom3 likes this.
  6. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Interesting and good to know about Hemmings.

technom3 likes this.