For Sale - 1989 Mondial t Coupe (US Spec) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1989 Mondial t Coupe (US Spec)

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by hypoluxa, Jan 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Those wheels do a lot for the car. Hopefully a center cap will turn up one of these days.

GLWS. Beautiful car.

hypoluxa likes this.
  2. Trader220

Trader220 Rookie

Feb 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Howard Silvers
    Is the car still available? I live in Lower Merion, Just liquidated one of my air cooled 911's considering my first F car. Who has serviced the car in this area? How can I get in touch with you? I am new to F Chat but spent 20 years on Pelican and Rennlist.

Thanks

3. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
    Thanks! A bunch of Speedline Mistrals just showed up on eBay (in various sizes). Not sure I want to spend $2,000 on another set of wheels just for a cap! :mad:

4. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
    Hi, I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

5. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
    Just a couple issues I don't think I mentioned previously. The air conditioning does not seem to work, and the passenger side window does not go down. I don't like to turn on air conditioning [on my older cars] and I don't like passengers either, so it hasn't bothered me! ;) These are probably easy problems to remedy, but they can be investigated as part of a PPI if you like.

Anyone interested in the car please send me a PM, it looks like nice weather this week. I'll probably give FChat another week or two before resorting to eBay/Hemmings.

6. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
  7. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    Is the chrome shifter shaft original? I have a 3.2 and there is a slight arc in it to bring it back to the drivers hand / reach.....seems like you have to lean forward to shift into 2nd /..........and 4th.

8. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
  9. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Wouldn't you be better off on BaT?

Regards,
    Jerry

10. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
    I did a BaT auction once. I foolishly didn’t set a reserve and I got less than I would have on eBay. And that was after waiting 2-3 weeks for BaT to post it. After the auction I had a couple people tell me they were interested if the sale fell through, which of course did not happen (buyer said he couldn’t believe he got it so cheap). I might try BaT again, but certainly with a reserve next time.

11. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I think Ebay is best. Serious worldwide exposure compared to BAT, and less in fees. I can't imagine how many BAT users compared to Ebay lookers, but I would say 1 to 100.

12. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Take a look at BaT, they have some very interesting cars and there are lots of knowledgeable and sophisticated buyers. People are spending high 5 figures for cars (Aston's, Bentley's, MB, etc.) and 6 figures for P cars. Ferrari's have done pretty well. BaT charges the Seller $100. No big deal, although the buyer pays a 5% premium.

ebay seems to be more of a tire kicking/low ball crowd. And more scammers. At least my experience.

But absolutely have a reserve!!!!!!

Regards,
    Jerry

riccardone likes this.
  13. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Quality>Quantity

BaT requires a CC before bidding. You're bidding to own. Fleabay offers exposure...that's about it.

14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #64 Scaledetails, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    No doubt BAT has the best qualified clientele, I would hope so if they are paying a premium, I never said they didn't, in fact I always check BAT daily to see what comes up for sale, but not sure I like the 5% buyer fee, that's quite high, and probably scares off thousands of buyers.
    I just know that Ebay has millions more viewers, albeit more tire kickers but I'll take quantity over quality any day as the seller. Do the test and put both identical ads on both sites, I guarantee the Ebay ad will sell the car faster, it's a no brainer.
    I' ve sold 35 of my Ferraris and 50+ other cars on Ebay without issues other than once or twice a guy couldn't get financing, but some cars went as far as Thailand and Eastern Europe. There are scammers everywhere these days, but Craigslist still owns the title in my opinion. ;)
    BAT will have to make some changes if they want to compete with Ebay.

15. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
    I agree BaT has "better" bidders, I just don't think there are enough of them. It's also very inflexible in regards to the timing of the listing. BaT takes control after you send them the details and runs the auction through when they want to. I have forgotten to bid a couple times when an auction ended around 5PM on the east coast, had I remembered I would be pulling over to bid while commuting home.

BaT will also make mistakes while listing a car and will not correct them quickly. It can make you a bit less confident in your bidding when you find an error in the listing.

16. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    FWIW I sold my 308 on BaT. It was a good experience. Way more eyes than eBay which usually had 7-10000 views. The 308 hit 20000 or so.

I just enjoy the responsibility BaT holds on the buyer. eBay is so easy to back out and thus taint a future “re auction”. Complete PITA.

17. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

I should get a commission for saying this but Ebay has a much greater global audience than BAT will ever have, specially in the "Ferrari" market. BAT sells probably around 30 cars a day whereas Ebay sells about 200 times that, just simple basic math. The giant wins.
    Ethan, your car will sell, I like your listing.

18. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
    I did take a look at Mondial t previous sales on BaT and they are pretty strong. Maybe I will give that a try, the worst I have to lose is $99 and a week of responding to comments. As Stephane mentioned, I did put the car on eBay (the listing is not my finest work). No offers over $30k yet.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Henry D.
    Can't believe it's still available. Best of luck with Bat!

hypoluxa likes this.
  20. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
    Thanks! That's how I feel, it's been a while now. I feel like I have to become a full time used car salesman to sell a car for most of what it's worth. ;)

21. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
  22. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

No, it should be the same, most likely different length lug bolts. I have never seen a lug nut set-up on Speedlines. You may have spacers with extensions. I still think they look fantastic despite the missing cap.

23. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    My thoughts as well.

24. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
  25. MakoShark222

MakoShark222 Rookie

Aug 20, 2012
    Agency Missouri
    Full Name:
    James Grove
    I own an 1989 Mondial t also Corsa red with black/red interior.

I'm a Corvette guy because I couldn't afford a Ferrari pretty simple. Picked this car up about 7 years ago for a song IMO the car had 4500 miles or so. I drove it for a year now the car has 8000 and some miles but I toasted the clutch. I hear they are somewhat week. Anyway I didn't invest in a clutch yet so the car is just sitting. One day if I ever need money I'll sell it or let my kids figure that out after I die. They know what I have. Not a $3500 car. Lol

Image Unavailable, Please Login

hypoluxa likes this.