1990 928 GT 5 speed 32k miles FS | FerrariChat

1990 928 GT 5 speed 32k miles FS

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Ispeed, Jun 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ispeed

Ispeed Karting

Oct 31, 2005
    Needham MA
    Full Name:
    Carl
    #1 Ispeed, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
    I know this is not the most appropriate forum for this, but my friend is changing 928s to a gray one from the one he's got:
    1990 928 GT, guards red on black and 32k miles. No side moldings, supple leather, and partial leather (doors, a pillars, rear quarters and rear console)
    Exterior is all original paint, I would give it a 9.9 out of 10. One or two small stone chips that are 1-2mm on front bumper cover.
    Interior: equally good, looks and feels like new.
    Maintenance in the last 5k miles and 3 years: new GTS clutch, timing belt and water pump, silicone pan gasket, motor mounts, aluminum belly pan, Bilstein/Eibach set-up, new O rings and expansion valves in a/c and still R12, mobil 1 engine oil, redline gear oil, PSD flushed, injectors cleaned and balanced, short shifter with GTS knob (and new shift coupler and front ball cup), stainless Lomas X pipe and high flow cats, rear muffler bypass. Original parts go with it also, but we tossed the shocks. They had gone bad at 25k miles from too much sitting.
    Bottom of the car is clean also. Much of the maintenance was preventative and overly anal, but we run a tight ship up here.

I think he's crazy to not keep the car, as we will be doing the whole maintenance cycle to the next car no matter the miles. It is a car I have drooled over since we found it, and should go to someone who knows how rare a low mile, pristine, original single stage paint (no side moulding) 928 GT is. Much less a 928 that doesn't need $8-12k in maintenance!!! Because we just did it all and then some.
    $28k with stock D90 wheels with fresh tires.
    I can't post any more pics, but could email them. This is my friend's car, but I have no vested interest in the sale, just putting a feeler out there to see if it can go to a good home.
    http://www.928registry.org/1990-928GT-0441a.htm
    Carl

2. Ispeed

Ispeed Karting

Oct 31, 2005
    Needham MA
    Full Name:
    Carl
    just a comment on the cost of these cars- april 30 my friend George found a nice '89 928 5 speed black/black with 80k miles and bought for $13,500. Currently he is at around 23,500, and today we will be doing a timing belt/water pump job (even though the last one was done at a P dealer 20k miles ago)- we found a shiny belt, worn cam sprockets and oil pump sprocket and the "toothed belt" warning light gave us gray hairs on our recent trip from MA to NC for "sharks in the mountains". Anyways, it sure adds up fast even on a "good" car. We have more work to do on this car, as the front suspension rubber bushings are no good from oil soaking killing the rubber...

3. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    That's the lowest mileage 928 I've heard of recently.

These cars are becoming increasingly sought after, but prices vary greatly depending on mileage because there are so few low mileage examples.