1992 348 TS Alternator Light Function | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1992 348 TS Alternator Light Function

Discussion in '348/355' started by POLO35, Apr 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    It is possible that the three wires, including the S (volt sensing) wire, were actually cut-off in the factory. Some alternators have internal volt sensing so they do not have any "S" pin but if they have it, then it is usually connected to the big alternator output terminal (stud). The picture below shows wiring of the CS130 and this is also how the original connections are on my 348 with a Denso alternator (the "S" wire is also red).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Very interesting. I certainly don't want to burn anything out but do you think it would be safe to try a jumper wire from positive batt output to the sensor wire like your diagram? However, check this out I found on eBay. A self exciting one wire regulator I've also found on some cs130 chats that one wire is very often used on vehicles. item2cab19686a:g:i7YAAOxy79VRcjo1

3. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Sorry link won't post but its CS 130 self exciting regulator.

4. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Firat let me say again thank you for all the help. I think what I'm going to do is rig up a jumper wire from the S terminal to the large + output terminal on the alternator with an inline fuse of say 1/2 amp so as not to burn anything out and try that.