1992 FERRARI 512TR, W/512M ENGINE & ADDT'L ITEMS, FERRARI CERTIFIED, XLNT COND. | FerrariChat

1992 FERRARI 512TR, W/512M ENGINE & ADDT'L ITEMS, FERRARI CERTIFIED, XLNT COND.

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by C4YES, Jul 13, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    #1 C4YES, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Up for sale is a 1992 Ferrari 512TR/M in Rossa Corsa exterior and tan interior. It is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. It has been regularly serviced by the LA Auto Gallery, an authorized Ferrari dealership. All service records are available.

The following 512M components were installed in the car by the LA Auto Gallery from Nov 2011, all items were BRAND NEW when purchased:

• 512M engine.
    • 512M front bumper and fog lights.
    • 512M rear bumper, tail lights and lower valence.
    • 512M wheels.
    • 512M brake rotors and calipers.
    • 512M dashboard and steering wheel.
    • 512M center console.

Prior to the installation of the 512M components, the car, in its stock, original form, was granted Ferrari Certification. The certification cost $6,500 and was documented in a hard cover book.

At the time of documentation, the car had approximately 39,000 miles. The 512M engine has approximately 3,000 miles to date. The clutch was replaced in the Summer of 2011 just before the 512M engine was installed. Fluids (oil, transmission, brake and coolant) were changed at least on an annual basis since the original purchase of the car.

The car is complete with all factory books/manuals, tool kit, battery charger and car cover, as well as, a clean, non-salvage title.

It will be sold with a complete, five-piece Ferrari 512TR luggage set in either black or tan (buyer’s choice) and the aforementioned Ferrari Certification book.

The car is offered as configured with the 512M components. The stock 512TR components (engine, wheels, front & rear bumper and tail lights) are available for an additional fee.

Trades are not welcome, serious buyers appreciated.

$97,495

Please PM me for seller’s contact info.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I have seen this car in person and I endorse Todd's posting.

3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Car looks great. It seems that if this car had been sold this after attaining the Ferrari certification and that money used in addition to the money spent turning it into a replica 512M, one could have purchased an actual 512M. Regardless, it looks nice and is probably a blast to drive.

4. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    1+ blast to drive... Seller owns few TRs and also a 512M.

5. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Nice car, except now that the engine has been changed it is no longer in original configuration and the certification is void. Ferrari would not certify this car with a 512M engine in it.

6. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Very nice. GLWS

7. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    PM's answered. Car is still for sale.

8. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #8 Auraraptor, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    Does the car have ABS?

More importantly, is the bellhousing from the M as well?

9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    As nice as it undoubtedly is, i still dont understand this car. Why was it modified into a m? Was there an accident, etc? Why go through all this conversion effort when can just buy a 512m

10. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Owner is a great friend of mine. He decided to modify... just like that... by the way, he just purchased the Red M which was offered for sale on Fchat.

The car looked and sounded really great with the M engine.

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    No...the real question is "why not". His car, you don't like it..don't buy it. Stop bringing it down.

12. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    +1

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Not bringing it down. I like it. Just didnt understnd what it was about, was it in accident, engine blew, etc

14. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    OK, let me update you. The seller has been a TR fan and owns more than one TR. He purchased a rare in color 512M over a year ago but unfortunately that car was wrecked during transport.

While he was in the process of completing an engine out on this 512TR, he purchased a brand new 512M motor which arrived during that time so he decided to drop it in. Shortly after the engine was in, his passion to the conversion hit the roof and the conversion of his 512TR to a 512M started to take place. There were no issues with the original engine at all and he still has that engine and it is fully serviced.

I personally took delivery of this TR for him while he was out on vacation and let me assure you that this beauty was glowing as she got dropped off from the transport truck my garage sharing the garage space with my silver beast.

For him, it was all about the excitement of having the 512M engine. It was never about the money or I should say, he never looked at it as an investment. His intention was to keep the car forever. His motivation to sell is direct result of finding the perfect 512M which he owns now.

15. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I have seen the car. First, anyone who is going to spend this sort of money on one of these cars must get a good PPI. second, anyone seriously interested in buying this car MUST see it in person first! And to quote Forest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that."

16. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    PPI is a must on any used Ferrari purchase...

17. MAX040979

MAX040979 Rookie

Sep 3, 2013
    I can't tell from the photos but has he painted the engine cover all red? If I am not mistaken the 512M's are color coded where the TR's have a black lid on the engine cover? Looks very nice!

18. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    You are correct.

19. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Since this seller recently purchased 512M, he is in the process of switching this car back to 512TR including installing the original fully serviced 512TR engine. This car will pass PPI without any issues.

20. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Good to hear.

21. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    I for one would not slam the car for the conversion. Ask yourself what a 512M engine is worth. One could have worked a deal with the seller for all the 512TR parts and then you could do the conversion back yourself if you wished, but I wouldn't have. This is one cool car at a great price and a real conversation piece. I swear people get so wrapped up in authenticity, it's neurotic. This is a Testa Rosa, not a 250 Lusso. It's not like the world is going to miss another 512TR. With 512M's hitting $175K, the conversion makes sense to me. To each his own I guess.

22. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Seller swapped the M front and rear bumpers and wheels for TR parts. Brakes, dash, center console and steering wheel remain as M items.

Price lowered to $90,000

23. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    CAR IS SOLD

24. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006