1993 348TSS Window, Fuse Lock?!?!?!!?!?HELP!!! | FerrariChat

1993 348TSS Window, Fuse Lock?!?!?!!?!?HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by bm735, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bm735

bm735 Rookie

Apr 3, 2004
    I have a 348 TSS and was having trouble with the doorlocks, they kept poping up and down not letting me open any of the doors. Finally after some jiggling of the doorhandle I was able to open one of them. After removing the door panel I discovered that the door lock has disengaged fromt he unit that unlatches the door. After removing the doorpanel I also noticed a red tubing which was dissconnected at both ends and I could not find a place where it should have been connected? Does anyone know about this? Is it maybe just a cushion for the window not to vibrate?

Also having trouble with the window button now, no juice to it, If I jump the motor window goes up and down and if I jump power to the window button it also works. I could not find a fuse for the windows in the fuse box though? Does anyone know of another location where I may locate more fuses?

Thanks for any help in advance...

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Please forgive me if you already know this, but are you aware that the 348 has two fuse panels? There is one in the front luggage compartment, and one in the right front floor ("step pad"), behind the carpet. The fuses for the two window winder motors are in the "step pad" box. There is a label on the cover plate that identifies the function of each fuse and relay.

The door lock problem is fairly common, it could be simple (just hook it back together) and it could be more complicated (bad lock servo mechanism). Sometimes this happens when the door is not latched shut tightly.

3. bm735

bm735 Rookie

Apr 3, 2004
    Well I figured out that the lock problem was due to a retainer clip which is misssing which allowed the cylinder to come loose and twist in a manner where it would not let the door fully lock or unlock.

4. bm735

bm735 Rookie

Apr 3, 2004
    As for that red tube it is merely to hold the winding wire for the window. But I did discover that fuse box unfortunately the 2 fuses for the windows are fine. I think I will just have to jump the 12V from one switch to the other, It seems like that is working for me now. Anyways Id like to thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Also if you cold maybe give me some info from another post I placed about those 2 panels behind each seat which house some sort of Bosch computer with 1 button each? What re these for? I never got an owners manual with my car. Thanks for any help....

5. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.