1993 Mondial T Cabriolet Valeo Rare Chiaro blue | Page 4 | FerrariChat

1993 Mondial T Cabriolet Valeo Rare Chiaro blue

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Scaledetails, Nov 13, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    If only the new buyers could see this car in real in the middle of a bunch of red cars how it stand out and look much more class.
    Yes I understand you are not in a hurry to sell. Especially down South.

2. gaspump

gaspump Karting
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2013
    SE indiana
    Full Name:
    bill
    I'll just say this. This seller, who so many load all kinds of kindness on for his love of Ferraris, is just a flipper. Point. He buys this car on Oct. 31, an turns around and puts it up for sale, just 2 weeks later, on Nov. 13. This, after saying he LOVES the car and it drives so nice. Look at the pics, he did not even regesiter and plate the car in his state; it kind of shows how he loves the car. He, as a seller, would not take any pictures of the car as I asked him to. Now, If I were sellimg a high end car, I woud take as many pictures as needed. He says, "its too cold". Oh come on, give me a break. He bought it for less then it's selling for, and he does not have a clue on ANY part of this car. Oh well, just keep this guy up on a pedestal and hope you get a great car, because this car looks great, but buyer beware, you don't know what you're getting into.

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Can you PLEASE read my post. I bought a car from HIM. I know exactly how he deal on his sales.

The only negative I have to say is his description of the car, other than that he respected EVERYTHING he said. I bought the car unseen and with no PPI. I was disapointed when I got it but that is my fault because I should have go look at it or get someone else to check it out for me.

I know he flipped the car and he owned it for a very short time. The car I bought was a GOOD car that I enjoyed a lot and was worth what I paid for it.

I would buy again from him but I would fly and look at it myself to avoid misinterpretation of HIS description.
    I'm saying this car is RARE and cheap and I'd like to own it. If you're interrested go look and test drive it.
    The car is probably worth his asking price who care if he is flipping it.

Walk away and find another Valeo in this color combo at a better price that someone is NOT flipping if you are not happy with him.

4. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

I thought flippers were making money, at least that was my understanding of its definition.
    A. I love Mondials and I fall easily in love with rare ones when I see one.
    B. I bought it with intentions to keep but 2 weeks later the Porsche I always wanted came up for sale so I bought it.
    C. I don't buy cars not knowing what I am getting into. I knew this car very well, and I have enough experience to walk away from a potential nightmare, this car isn't one of them.
    D. I only offered it for sale on this forum because I know this is where the real Mondial lovers are.
    E. I paid $27K cash for the car, I have the bill of sale, and after my expenses (wheels/tires, minor upgrades, etc etc) I have a little over $29K into it, so no, I am not making any money. I also left the title open in order to avoid paying taxes since I am not keeping it.
    F. I am not in any hurry to sell, I know what I have, and I know it is a special car.
    G. I will take photos for anyone seriously interested, but I can smell tire kickers from far away, and I simply don't waste my time with them.
    H. Photos don't do this car justice, if anyone was serious, they would fly down to look at it anyway.
    I. I will make this fun for me. Anyone that has bought a car from me (including Claude), I will offer a $5K discount on this Mondial or my other blue Ferrari 348TB Speciale in the spirit of Christmas and in good faith. I don't care about the money, I care more about where the cars go. This $5K discount is not valid for anyone else, so don't ask.

5. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    It's a shame that this thread has moved away from the car into a different space altogether. In the end, it's just a car. Perform your due diligence like you would on any car and make your own decision.

I would love to have it. Beautiful color and rare...awesomeness in one package!

6. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Bill, like me you know what a blue Mondial is in real. This car need a passionate owner. I know it will find one.
    I'd be proud to own it.

7. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I would be proud to own it as well. I have been wanting to have a Mondial experience different than the one I am experiencing.

The T is one I like. Some prefer the looks and side grates of the earlier car. And I can see that.. But I like the T. Then there is the Valeo.

I first learned of a Valeo on this forum. Then I waited and watched. And watched, and watched, and watched. I think that this is the second car that I have seen for sale in five years. I would say they are rare.

And for those that have a girl, and she can't drive a stick, get her this. She will adore you is my guess. So it has an appeal that way. Then there is the pre F1 aspect that will attract a Tofosi like me.

I might not have it all that long if I do get it. As I expect there will be many things I could possibly get.

But I definitely am not a Ferrari snob. Though, admittedly I love the heck out of them. My problem is that even though I may in the near future have the money for a new Aventador, I still like some things just the way they are. That is why, in the future I may well have an eclectic garage. ... If I am fond of it, it stays. No further consideration needed.

My belief is that the cars are undervalued. But I will not take this into the often overdiscussed value of Ferraris. It is what it is, I personally would be delighted to experience it. And possibly savor the sublime experience that would await me there. And I know what I like.

A Ferrari IMO must first excite visually. And that is a fine looking car with a mysterious offering.

Sort of a seductress.

I am seduced by her charms. :)

8. Ferrarimike83

Ferrarimike83 Karting

Jun 16, 2013
    York PA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Found it. I might be interested in a trade

9. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Hi Mike. Have you read the thread? I think he is only interested in trading for cash.

10. fcat

fcat Rookie

Jan 19, 2010
    I wouldn't call someone who buys and sells Mondials over and over again a "flipper."

I'd call him a "self-masochist!"

11. Ferrarimike83

Ferrarimike83 Karting

Jun 16, 2013
    York PA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I don't have to read the thread. I have one of his old Mondials that he wants back. He contacted me about buying mine or trading the T for mine. I was here just to look at his pics.

12. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    That is correct. Michael has a Mondial I have been looking for in a long time. I used to own his QV coupe and it was very special to me. In short, this was the only Ferrari my parents sat in (back seats) during a week-end visit. My dad passed away exactly 2 years ago, so this old flame means a lot to me now. I would actually trade my very rare "T" just to have it back. I am also partial to the coupes since I never put the top down on the cabriolets. I just think Mondials look so good with the top up.

13. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Michael if you ever get that valeo take good care of it. I might want to buy it someday LOL!

14. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I understand the attraction to coupes. Better lines, quieter, and more secure.

My first Ferrari was a Daytona coupe because I love the look. At a time when the Spyder was about another $30K. I had the Monet but wanted the coupe.

The Mondial coupe or the 308GT4 as the biggest sleeper.

Hey, I think I see an idea for a poll.

15. Ferrarimike83

Ferrarimike83 Karting

Jun 16, 2013
    York PA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Right now it's in the shop getting new cam belts, plugs. Valve covers & intake getting powder coated red, engine getting cleaned & gone over & other little things done.

16. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #91 Scaledetails, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Finally had a beautiful day in Savannah so we went for a nice long drive! I forgot how much fun the Mondial cabriolets are, truly a pleasure to drive when the weather is this nice. Here are a few pics. Also took a short video with Cyndi driving so I could see what it looks like. This car is stunning when the sun hits it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQSX0JatCI&feature=youtu.be

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR1348ucO-g[/ame]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Ferrarimike83

Ferrarimike83 Karting

Jun 16, 2013
    York PA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Very nice! I like it

18. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Thanks Mike! Can you see yourself in it? ;)

19. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    Nice shot of the Westin in the background. I was there for the Porsche parade in 2011. Of course, I live in Beaufort, SC (only 30-40 minutes away) so it wasn't a long drive!

20. Ferrarimike83

Ferrarimike83 Karting

Jun 16, 2013
    York PA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I can see me in that. When I get mine back will talk.

21. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Steal IMO and a very nice combo. I wish I could pull the trigger now.

22. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I really wish I could, damn poverty. This car is a beauty.

Stephane swap your rear wheels from left to right, Hank will chime in again for sure LOL.

23. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi there, Claude !!! Stephane knows about it :) I made sure of that. Every time I see 348 wheels rotating backwards, it blinds me like a searchlight in my eyes. We MNF (must not forget) to make sure that the rubber is rotating correctly after switching the wheels (in the case of asymmetrical tires).

Such fun,

Hank

24. ferrari#7

ferrari#7 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2008
    Thinking gof treating myself!!! My good friend has a valeo and loves it.

25. ChicagoFerrari

ChicagoFerrari Karting

Dec 19, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #100 ChicagoFerrari, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    I want to say thanks to everyone who posts on here about the Mondial, especially the Valeo. Hank was instrumental in advice to me and I have just purchased a 92 Mondial w/Valeo. I'm currently having the belt, etc service done right now, perfect timing since it's below zero here in Chicago but when I drove it I knew I had to have it. Amazing car. I will post pics soon and plan to continue my education of these cars here for a long time.