Sold - 1994 F355 GTS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 1994 F355 GTS

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by WillskiGT, Sep 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SethP

SethP Karting

Jul 2, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Full Name:
    Seth Parks
    It was this car. Same VIN#.

Jakuzzi and WillskiGT like this.
  2. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Interesting.

As I said, they had no issue with me ordering a PPI, and other than the repainted rear bumper and two small areas with thicker paint readings, there is nothing indicating the car was in an accident. Glass is original, paint is consistent thickness across all panels (in depths commensurate with a factory painted car), all frame elements and control arms appear original, no bends/cracks/welds in any of the frame components, etc.

3. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Nice deflection strategy...... ;) :) . Great looking car by the way.

WillskiGT likes this.
  4. jimmy-j

jimmy-j Rookie

Sep 12, 2022
    Illinois
    Wow, practically my dream spec for a 355, can't wait for it to hit BaT

5. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Then why wait for it to hit BaT? to pay an extra $5k? why not make the guy an offer now if its your "dream spec" and you're a serious buyer?

997, ShineKen, OCKlasse and 3 others like this.
  6. jimmy-j

jimmy-j Rookie

Sep 12, 2022
    Illinois
    I can't afford this car yet, but I do like watching from the sidelines

7. jimmy-j

jimmy-j Rookie

Sep 12, 2022
    Illinois
    Well, a bit of a self correction -- its beyond the budget that my other half and I agreed upon :D

George Vosburgh likes this.
  8. Marco91

Marco91 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 2, 2022
    Italy
    Seems like a Euro spec. Out of curiosity, do these really sell for these figures in the States? I mean I'd be happy to bring my F355 there lol. I'm starting to see lots of Americans search for F355s here in Europe.

ewright likes this.
  9. oscar512

oscar512 Rookie

Sep 6, 2017
    Beautiful car, but in Europe (I'm Italian), they are worth half.

10. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    As noted multiple times in the ad, the car is a Euro spec vehicle. Price is in line with or lower than comparable cars here stateside.

Perhaps a few years ago, as was the case here in the states, but this statement is not accurate. Early build manual F355 GTS (2.7 Motronic, no airbag) are €150,000+

11. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Which is currently $146,000+ USD. Not half like the poster stated, but still quite a bit less expensive.

12. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    #37 WillskiGT, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    As I said, prices in Europe are not even close to half of my ask. Not sure what the point of your post is, frankly. Or the other 2 posts inaccurately claiming these cars are half the price in Europe. Comparing prices in Europe and the US is apples to oranges. People love to act like importation is a zero cost, zero time endeavor.

Add in the cost to fly over and inspect the car in person to make sure you aren’t buying a turd, bank spread to convert currency to Euros, wire fee, insurance, shipping and associated fees (enclosed on both ends, 20’ container for the crossing), drayage, duties, customs fees, and the time and effort required to register and title the car in the US and you’re way, way higher than $146k.

Don’t forget the above process takes 3 months or more with the supply chain disruptions that currently exist in the international shipping market.

As I’ve stated previously in this thread, actually interested parties are welcome to reach out to me with any questions or concerns (or to have silly pricing debates like the above in my PMs, where they belong rather than cluttering this thread up).

lagunacc, Closingtime and EFerrari34 like this.
  13. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Nice Ferrari and representation of a F355.
    People should just lay off. He can ask what he wants and sell as many car as he wants. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it and just move on.
    Let the free market determine the price. More power to him!

Beez, bcar1, Closingtime and 3 others like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    $167k on BAT? So what's next? Hold it or try again? Not too far off from what some of us estimated. Personally, I'd hang on to it.