1995 F355 Acceleration Pedal Problem | FerrariChat

1995 F355 Acceleration Pedal Problem

Discussion in '348/355' started by FerrariDeeJay, Nov 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariDeeJay

FerrariDeeJay Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    Chino, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Got in my car to start it and the acceleration pedal has no tension on it, it just flops back and forth. Engine will start and quickly goes to redline. Broken cable? If so, has anyone replaced one that can direct me to a DIY tech procedure? 1995 F355 Spider 2.7. Thank you.

2. hammergb

hammergb Rookie

Sep 2, 2017
    Westminster, MD
  3. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Sounds like throttle bodies jammed open, not broken cable. Reach under the coolant reservoir (may need to remove mounting nuts) to rotate by hand

4. FerrariDeeJay

Jun 2, 2009
    Chino, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    So yes the throttle body was stuck open. When I pulled it back, I had pressure on the pedal. So I depress the pedal again and throttle body is stuck again. Besides looking very dirty, is there anything else that could be causing it to get stuck?

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yep - I had a seized bell crank bearing. I'll search and link the thread tomorrow.

6. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Did you pull coolant tank off so you could look. There would be quite a few things that could cause this because the whole system is mechanical. Many pieces could be causing the problem. Likely a bearing or broken spring or spring came off.

7. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I thought I had a thread on this but can't seem to locate it....

See attached my service record when I fixed the issue.

SeattleM5 likes this.
  8. FerrariDeeJay

Jun 2, 2009
    Chino, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I removed the coolant reservoir and found the problem. Reservoir had a leak in the rear seam and coolant had leaked and gunked up everything below it. I gave everything a good cleaning and everything moves freely again. Now to find a good used coolant reservoir. Thank you all for your help, you guys are awesome.

Qavion likes this.
  9. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This sounds like something fun to do today - take off the coolant reservoir and clean all the stuff underneath.

My throttle sticks right at the beginning of its travel. It only sticks when it is running, so it must be vacuum related.