Sold - 1995 F355 berlinetta red/tan 6-sp manual === major complete 03/2018, full clutch job, guides done | FerrariChat

Sold 1995 F355 berlinetta red/tan 6-sp manual === major complete 03/2018, full clutch job, guides done

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by 348SStb, Mar 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Specifications
    1995 Ferrari F355 berlinetta
    31,254 miles

Rosso corsa exterior
    Beige interior
    3 previous owners
    VIN: upon request

Excellent example
    Clean CarFax
    No accidents

Leak-down and compression tests complete 02/2018 - excellent results (see below)
    Major service (engine-out) with belts complete 03/2018
    Full clutch job complete 12/2016 at 30,710 miles
    Every possible known 355 issue has been addressed in advance

Meticulously maintained by well-known Ferrari collector and enthusiast. See upgrades and recent service history below.
    Car was inspected on a vehicle lift by me with two qualified mechanics in 2018 at 31,237 miles - results were excellent. See below.

Owned by me for 10 years. Purchased from a meticulous and excellent owner, who is available as a reference. Driven, cared for, and maintained by me. Not a mystery car.

Nonsmoker
    Clear title in my name (no liens)
    Always garaged in climate controlled residential garage
    Battery always plugged in to floating charge

All sticky interior trim pieces refinished
    Air conditioning blows cold
    Heat blows warm
    Power door locks and windows operate normally
    Adjustable suspension operates normally
    Radio head unit and speakers operate normally
    Headlights and headlight motors operate normally
    All exterior and interior lighting good
    Tire tread excellent, all 4 tires
    Brake pads very good, all 4
    Rotors very good, all 4
    Wheels - no curb rash anywhere, all 4
    Car has never seen snow, salt
    Rain always avoided

All books and tools in their leather pouches
    Both ignition keys
    Floor mats
    Plug-in for Battery Tender

Leather in general is excellent.
    Interior dashboard leather is excellent. Absolutely no shrinkage, pulling, cracking, bubbling, or sun damage anywhere. No stories.
    Yes, almost impossible on a 355. But there are a few reasons:
    1. I have a custom dashboard cover that sits on top of the leather. It protects the leather *while* driving on a sunny day. Damage from the sun doesn’t just occur when a car sits.
    2. Should the car have been left to sit outside in the sun, I took the extra minute of my time to fit the custom exterior sun shade on the car’s windshield.
    3. The previous owners took great care to protect the leather.
    **The picture of the airbag doesn’t do the airbag justice. The leather is NOT pulling at the top of the airbag. The picture is showing a *shadow.* This must be seen in person. The airbag panel has quirky alignment from the factory, and the picture shows a *shadow,* not any leather problems.
    Driver side outer seat bolster looks very good.
    All other seat bolsters look very good.

Under front bumper pristine. No scrapes, no stories.
    Red paint glistens and is beautiful - this car does not look tired. Car appears very young.
    Interior shows excellent. Very well cared for and shows light use.

Zero mechanical issues at this time
    Zero items requiring repair at this time
    Everything works correctly

Turn-key condition. Car runs excellent. Car drives excellent. No dashboard warning lights, no non-working components, no stories. It will drive all day every day.

Car has the following improvements:
    Cost
    (1) *[$ 2,350] Fabspeed headers (cost is higher now)
    (2) [$75] Headers wrapped in racing-grade fiberglass wrap (this is superior to ceramic coat)
    (3) *[$ 1,600] Upgraded catalytic converters (cost is higher now)
    (4) * Alternator heat shielding
    (5) [$545] Alternator rebuild complete
    (6) * Axle boots heat shielding
    (7) *[$20] LED reverse lights - solves issue with melting tail light lenses
    (8) [$2,248] Valve guides job: 20 hours additional shop labor to remove and reinstall engine heads (separate from cost of full cost of major service, which is necessary to even do the valve guides job; labor costs are higher now). Job was done 09/2008 at 14,586 miles, under my ownership. Engine has been a beast and 100% reliable ever since.
    (9) [$4,738] Parts for valve guides job: not just guides. Parts included 40 new valves, 40 new guides, and 40 new valve seals in all upgrade material.
    (10) [$1,600] Machine shop labor to perform valve guides head rebuild. This job was performed as preventative maintenance. Engine voluntarily disassembled to address this known issue.
    (11) [$1,200] Machine shop labor to port and polish the heads for maximum airflow, generating more engine power. The engine is an absolute beast.
    (12) [$2,400] Two days’ shop labor to remove and reinstall all interior components for sticky refinishing
    (13) [$2,190] Cost to refinish interior sticky pieces
    (14) *[$1,194 ] New style flange and release bearing for clutch job
    (15) *[$57] Air recirculating boss from factory has been upgraded. The plastic factory piece prone to failure was changed to a brass piece.
    (16) *[$144] New evaporator lid actuator installed in addition to brass piece. Now the air conditioning/heating air recirculation feature will always work correctly.
    (17) [$2,009] Clear bra on entire front end of car all the way to windshield, including mirrors
    (18) *[$140] New skid plates installed 10/2017 under front bumper at 31,155 miles
    (19) [$283] New shifter knob - looks fresh as a daisy
    (20) *[$180] Modern Kenwood radio head unit featuring Bluetooth hands free calling, Bluetooth music streaming, HD radio built in, front USB and AUX ports. No glue, tape, or any other permanent fastening was used while running the Bluetooth wired microphone, and it can be removed in 2 minutes.
    --------
    $22,973 TOTAL FOR IMPROVEMENTS LISTED ABOVE
    TOTAL does not include cost of additional labor denoted by <*> necessary to perform installation of indicated item

Recent maintenance history
    1. Major service (engine out) with timing belts, inner axle boots replacement, other extras. Nearly $10K spent. (03/2018) {31,254 miles}
    2. Leak-down test and compression test performed. Engine strong as an ox - 4% or less leakage in each cylinder, compression results also excellent. {02/2018) [31,254 miles}
    3. Full clutch job. Remove and replace clutch assembly. New style flange, upgraded release bearing, brand new clutch assembly, all seals, etc. Ten hours shop labor. (12/2016) [$4,262] {30,710 miles}
    4. Replace master cylinder (just prior to clutch job) (11/2016) [$865] {30,643 miles}
    5. Replace engine mounts (12/2016) [$787] {30,710 miles}
    6. Engine oil and filter, brake fluid service (05/2016) [$566] {30,548 miles}
    7. Mount and balance 4 new tires (08/2015) [$1,215] {29,766 miles}
    8. Engine oil and filter service (10/2014) [$281] {28,768 miles}
    9. New battery installation (10/2014) [$330] {28,768 miles}
    10. Major service: engine-out including new belts, new tensioner bearings, new spark plugs, etc. (02/2013) [$6,343] {27,475 miles}
    11. New water pump, new fuel hoses - performed during major service (02/2013) [$841] {27,475 miles}
    ----------
    $25K+ GRAND TOTAL FOR MAINTENANCE SHOWN

=====
    Vehicle inspection performed in January 2018 prior to the completion of the foregoing.
    I put the car on the lift and inspected it myself very carefully with two highly qualified mechanics. All the important components were checked. They checked out as follows: belly of vehicle looks excellent - requires no replacement components or panels; no leaks from any shocks; no leaks at shock actuators; no oil leaks from engine; rear brake pads like new; front brake pads excellent; rear rotors excellent; front rotors excellent; all four corners – all the various suspension components look good, no replacement work needed; engine mounts good; transmission mounts good; power steering system good; hydraulic brake system good; radiators looks good; axle boots good but replacement should be considered soon; heat shielding for axle boots in place; exhaust manifolds, catalytic converters, muffler all look good; heat shielding for exhaust manifolds looks good; heat shielding for alternator in place; factory exhaust bypass valve functioning correctly; secondary air injection system (cold-start) functioning correctly; all tires - tires have no cracks or dry rot, rubber looks great, tread excellent front and rear; no leaks from clutch; interior and exterior lighting good; all interior and exterior lighting good; pop-up headlight motors operate normally.

Reason for selling
    For me, it is just time to move on. When time and circumstances do not allow for full enjoyment of a beautiful machine, the machine ought to be enjoyed by someone else. After 10 years, I am proud to have extracted full enjoyment out of this fine piece of art, and I wish for someone else to do the same.

Maintenance or repair costs that will be incurred by the next owner
    1. Engine oil and filter after a year

Nothing else to do.

[continued ——>]

sixcarbs, Jakuzzi and crinoid like this.
  2. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Pricing
    The car has been priced according to its uniqueness, its upgrades, and marketplace valuations. This is a top-tier 355 and an excellent example. Most 355s out there have been beaten to near death and have at least some lingering issues. There’s usually something to fix or replace.
    This car is a 1995 car, which means it’s the best year for the F355. It is the fastest, and it has the better engine management system (2.7 Motronic). This has value.
    The upgrades on this car have value. There aren’t many, if any, 355s out there with a complete clutch job just completed, without shortcuts and with new style components. That has value. Put that on top of a fresh major service. That has value. Moreover, there are very few 1995 cars out there with a valve guides job done (voluntarily by me as preventative maintenance) containing not just some number of guides that failed or some number of valves, but 40 new guides, 40 new valves, and 40 new valve seals, all in upgraded material. The heads were polished and ported, allowing for more air flow which increases engine power, making this car an absolute rocketship and as fast as a 360. A proper valve guides job like this has value. Combine that with the clutch job and the major service, and you have a car that you just won’t find anywhere in the marketplace or anywhere else.
    Combine all this with its status as a car requiring no replacement components and a car with every possible “355 issue” imaginable already addressed - and you have a 355 with tremendous value.
    If you want one of the best 355 6-speed cars out there, look no further. This car is something to experience!

About the Next Owner
    The next owner is a person who knows excellence, desires excellence, and knows the value of excellence. He is someone whose soul is stirred by those 8500 RPMs of 355 glory.

Buy with confidence
    I am a highly experienced collector, buyer, and seller of Ferraris for my private use. Having had 14 years experience with this hobby, having owned more than 10 Ferraris, and having helped countless folks with their first Ferraris or beyond, I can assure any potential buyer he will not be disappointed. I go out of my way to purchase the right cars and to keep them right throughout my ownership.
    This is not a mystery car from a dealer or from a party that hasn’t owned the car for any significant length of time to know what it is or to make sure everything has been sorted. Mystery cars often present the new owner with various surprises shortly after the car is driven down the road a bit. These surprises can be upsetting and very costly. The car being advertised has been driven and cared for by me alone for the last 10 years, and I’ve always made sure the car functions perfectly. The car is a fully functioning automobile that can be gazed at, driven every day, or both. The new owner could drive this car across the country on day 1. Everything works. No stories, no nonsense.

Conclusion
    1. Car is a turn-key and go 100% reliable machine. There is nothing to fix. Everything works as it should.
    2. Know what you are buying. This car has been driven regularly, cared for, and maintained by the same person and only that person for 10 years - yours truly. The previous owner is an outstanding individual, was an outstanding owner, and is available as a reference.
    3. All known “355 issues” have been addressed. The preventative maintenance and the various upgrades have value.
    4. It’s always nice to buy a used car with a full clutch job just completed. Problem is - that possibility is rarely observed.
    5. This is one of the “good 355s” - and for good reason. This is not a nightmare car worked on by unqualified people - those are the people who have destroyed 355s. Under my ownership this car has been worked on by arguably the country’s best and most well-known Ferrari-only mechanic. That’s not an exaggeration.
    6. There is no stock 355 faster than this one. It is as fast as a 360 and pulls like an animal. And the engine intake sound is ferocious and amazing.
    7. This is a complete example without any items missing.
    8. I have loved this car as if it were my most prized possession. The joy that it brings to a car enthusiast cannot really be put into words.
    9. Major service was just completed. This car will require only routine maintenance for many years to come.
    It will be my pleasure to acquaint the next owner with all of this car’s characteristics!

Thank you very much for looking!

Please direct any inquiries to my inbox, and from there we can exchange contact information.

$88,995

Michael V, Bthesixthree and Jakuzzi like this.
  3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Dave - beautiful!

Who did major and recent inspection?

4. staggerlee

staggerlee Rookie

Oct 28, 2017
    nicholasn and JayEff like this.
  5. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    This IS the car that I HAVE ALWAYS been looking out for. Unfortunately, current circumstances due to the Hurricanes do not afford me the car at the moment. :( I hope that whomever acquires the car takes care of it as good as you have. :)

6. nixaw

nixaw Rookie

Dec 16, 2017
    Beautiful car. Would like to discuss but can’t PM since I’m new here. Have been lurking and reading to convince myself I’m not crazy to get into a 355.

7. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I'm blown away by the description and the proper love this car has received!

GLWS

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  8. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Beautiful 355 and it sounds like you've had some great drives. Also here as a proud owner of a gated red '95 Berlinetta, such an amazing car. Hope she finds a happy home.

9. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    This is a beautiful car. Wish I had the funds! This also might be the best ad ever. GLWS.

10. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    wow what a car.. from the initial pictures it looks brand new.. fantastic write up..

what a bargain to potential buyer.. sub 90k, for a like new 1995 with all of that maintenance done.. full major done, this car can be driven for years without issue..

my only respectful observation.. has the fuel line diverter block recall be done..?
    in the pictures the fuel lines look to be sitting further down position as would be prior to the diverter block install.
    when I bought my car it was not done.. after I got it done.. the lines sit much higher, almost as high as the steering reservoir cap.

joe1973 likes this.
  11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    red tan 95 355 is a timeless classic in my book!

12. SteveRI

SteveRI Rookie

Mar 2, 2018
    Providence RI
    Full Name:
    Steve
    New here so I can't PM. Would OP contact me, am interested in the car. I hope you can PM me. Thanks, Steve

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Incredible post!!

14. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well said 348sstb! Folks, if you don't have one, this is the one to get!

15. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    This shouldn’t last long.

GLWS

16. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    And the Oscar for best ad for a Ferrari goes toooooo.........348SStb! ( key music)

flash32 likes this.
  17. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Private message sent. If you still cannot reach me, please post again.

I also PM’d with some others who couldn’t reach me first.

What is with this new procedure? This new format is so annoying.

18. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Guys thank you all so much for the compliments and the kind words. I really appreciate it.

As for the questions some have posed... thank you for your questions. I would like to reserve questions and answers for private conversations with interested Buyers rather than transform this thread into a question and answer discussion where I need to be right on top of the thread.

Thanks again!

19. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    This one ticks all of the boxes, 95, manual, Berlinetta, red/tan, meticulously maintained and with just the right mileage to keep it from the issues that pop up when these cars sit, but not too many. If someone quibbles about the price, then they probably should not buy a Ferrari, this owner has taken care of this car properly and sorted it out for the next owner. Good luck with sale, this one is a beauty! Forza Ferrari, Forza F355!

ttforcefed likes this.
  20. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    Stunning!!!

21. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    A manual shifter is a must on a 355. Great example of a well taken care off 355. Gorgeous.. GLWS