1995 Ferrari 456 Straman Supercharged Spyder | FerrariChat

1995 Ferrari 456 Straman Supercharged Spyder

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 400SPYDER, Oct 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    #1 400SPYDER, Oct 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Spyder conversion and Vortech supercharger installed by Straman.
    A beautiful car, inside and out.
    Runs on our Mustang chassis dyno indicate over 430 h.p. at the rear wheels!

Exterior color: Swatters Blue
    Interior color : Tan
    Odometer: 5649
    VIN: ZFFSP44A5S0100890

Anyone know this cars history ?

What do you consider it to be worth ?

Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ronbo

Ronbo Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Morris County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ron
    kevinkw likes this.
  3. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    No one know anything about this car ?

4. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Are you a subscriber to fML? G. Rousch may be able to tell you about past sales history, and that could let you in on past owners, who in turn could supply info.
    Generally, cut cars do not bring more than stock specimens, and in the case of an original (not M) 456, that would mean this car is priced double what it is worth. The low mileage is a mixed blessing, given the age of the car. However, there is something fetching about it, and i'm not generally a fan of 4 seater Ferraris. I suspect the real value is what someone is willing to pay, depending on how much they love the car, and are sold on the idea of a modern 12 cyl. open F car- not alot of those at that price point.

5. GTB4NART

GTB4NART Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    I've seen this car in person at Laguna Seca many years ago. The top looked very poor when raised, making me wonder how the famous Straman got it all wrong? When to top was dropped, there were large, unfinished and ugly gaps where the sides of the top lowered into the rear quarter areas. Lots of rubber misaligned everywhere. As far as the supercharger goes, would you really want that on a $30k engine? With all that said, from 20 feet it sure looks good with the top down and you won't duplicate it for any less.

6. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    That sure is nice, and yeah no window issues lol.

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    11 year old, garage queen 456.

i'll bet there are less than ten people on planet earth who think it's a six-figure car.

doody.

8. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Without seeing the car (ie assuming it's in good running order and the conversion is nice), I can't see this car being worth more than a stock 456 ... considering someone digs the roof and the supercharger, it could be worth 100grands. I wouldn't pay more than 80 for that car, but consider I do not like the supercharger, and I can't imagine the 456 bodes well without its roof when it comes to handling.

9. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    That's an ugly carfax report with mileage problems and a corporate registration.

The car could probably retail for $65k if you can clear up the title history...perhaps even up to $75k with a dealer-backed Warranty on top of the above.

Wholesale is probably closer to $53k for a chopped, hot-rodded, decade-old non-classic with title problems and no warranty, though.

10. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    The whole focus, for me, becomes the supercharger. A custom 'kit' has been added to the car and anyone who thinks it was easy, or getting the engine management system working well, or that when it breaks it can be fixed by anyone but the original installers, just doesn't understand the supercharging process. If a supercharging system has been developed, tested and warrantied over years by a reputable designer -- like BMWs Dinan -- it can be an easy blessing. Alternativey, it can become a nightmare. Imagine having problems with the SC on a 1000 mile trip and taking the car to a Ferrari dealer (won't look at it) or trying to find a tuner/installer (good luck). This isn't sour grapes, it's just feedback from someone who walked the reckless talk by having a team design and install a supercharger in my M5, build glorified web pages about our huge gains in rear wheel horspower, and then break down with leaks, broken belts, overheating, etc. until I finally dumped the SC and returned the car to lovely stock. Good luck.

11. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
  12. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    With the top up it just doesn't look right..

13. Mikaferrari

Mikaferrari Rookie

Sep 6, 2011
    Does anybody know where the quarter windows on the Straman 456 conversion came from? The metal/rubber moulding appears to be cut from an off-the-shelf piece, and the glass is slightly curved, so it too is likely an off-the-shelf item. Thanks.

14. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Do you have more pics? Where is this car being offered?

15. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #15 toggie, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    The post you are referencing is from Oct 2005.
    Car probably sold by now.

Maybe Mikaferrari now owns it? (since he (or perhaps she) asked about the side rear windows).

16. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
  17. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    rob73, Schultz, JohnnyRay and 2 others like this.