Sold - 1996 911 993 Turbo Black/Cashmere Beige 39k Miles | FerrariChat

Sold 1996 911 993 Turbo Black/Cashmere Beige 39k Miles

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by njcycleguy, Jun 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    #1 njcycleguy, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2021
    1996 911 / 993 Turbo - Time Capsule Example of a mint condition 993 Turbo. Unmodified, not daily driven, and never in an accident. Black with Cashmere Beige Leather. Only 39k original miles.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I installed an updated CDR-210 radio (original CR-1 is included with sale), new OEM Porsche headlight covers, and new Porsche OEM fog lamps. Brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Kinetics with less than 20 miles on them. I didn't like the Yokomaha's that were on prior. Incidentally, you may notice center cap differences in the photos - I have the original Porsche crest caps but when the tires were changed I put the OEM Turbo Script caps on.

I purchased the car last year in the midst of COVID on a whim. I have too many cars with no time to drive or enjoy many of them. The previous owner only owned it a short period due to an injury to his leg preventing him from driving a manual car. Prior to my purchase, it had it's full 40k mile service by a Porsche dealer.

Includes all books, original map (still under the boot), and both sets of keys and key fobs. I have the previous receipts for the 40k service and all receipts under my care and ownership.
    ----
    Offered at $250,000. Title in Hand.

Serious inquiries only please. Located in Morris County, NJ. PM me directly here and please include your e-mail or phone number.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4re308, Yassa, Roadney and 16 others like this.
  2. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

3. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Beautiful car ... always wanted one of these. The Turbos were typically "loaded" -- how times have changed when it comes to options, aside from things like sport seats or a rootwood shift knob or steering wheel, there just weren't many options beyond the HiFi sound and so forth. Can't tell from the photos, but are the seats heated? Is there a sunroof on the car?

4. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    No heated seats - but yes to the sunroof.

vjd3 likes this.
  5. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Very nice ride!

I have always felt Porsche should have closed up shop after this model (Including the final S) instead of turning into an SUV company that makes sports cars on the side.

4re308, DBomb117, tantumaude and 4 others like this.
  6. grantmax

grantmax Rookie

Jul 16, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Unbelievably clean. GLWS!

7. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Thank you. More photos.

Attached Files:

Yassa, INTMD8, pnorell and 3 others like this.
  8. DBomb117

DBomb117 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2019
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Dimitriy
    Completely agree, I think they muddied their heritage and legacy by building all these SUVs. I think the brand has lost some luster and exclusivity because of it. All my local dealer seems to stock are Macans and Cayennes.

Beautiful example of a 993 turbo. Good luck with sale.

sixcarbs and Oengus like this.
  9. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Thanks for the compliments guys. The values of these cars seems to be on a continued upward trend so I've decided to send the car in for a complete paint correction and high end detail.

Interesting side note - I traded (yes traded) a 992 911 Cab for this car that was only a few months old. The 992 is the current generation and I actually found it dull - just too good that it was like playing a video game - unlike any of my Ferrari's which although incredibly capable and easy to drive, never fail to provide that special feeling.

So I totally agree that Porsche's general direction has diluted the brand especially for purists, but for non-purists it is arguably the most desirable German manufacturer out there - and they still maintain the purist hook with the GT cars.

If you really want to see a diluted brand, have a look at modern day BMW, with over 100 different current models and variations - they are barely recognizable from what they were in the 80s and 90s.

One thing is for certain - they are all hugely profitable over where they were previously and at the end of the day, that's why they are in business.

And while we may shake our head at current buyers of the Macan and Cayenne, there are still cars like this 993 turbo that become even more desirable to those who remember what Porsche was and represented.

10. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Hey guys - the car has just about completed a mini-cosmetic makeover that has included a full detail with paint correction. It's been unavailable to show but will be again in early September. It looks absolutely spectacular and I'm trying to find a photographer to capture the detail. So hopefully new pics soon.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. 1997spider

1997spider Karting

Nov 18, 2014
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Beautiful.... is it available??

12. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Yes, it's available. Send me a PM if you are interested.

13. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Awesome car - love it.

MDS

14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    They didn't have enough money and wouldn't have enough money to be competitive if they hadn't built the SUVs. The SUVs pay for the show.

15. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    This makes my 993 C4S very happy, on a number of levels!

:)

Matt

16. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Is this car still available ?

17. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Sold a few weeks ago. Mods please update accordingly.