For Sale - 1997 F355 6-Speed Spider - major service just completed at Classic Coach NJ | FerrariChat

For Sale 1997 F355 6-Speed Spider - major service just completed at Classic Coach NJ

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by joe1973, Jul 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Current owner since 2016 and purchased from F-Chatter on this board. Driven over 3k miles in 5 years, all trouble-free. Odo now at 27.1k miles.

This 1997 F355 Spider is a 6-speed manual. Rosso Corsa (original paint) and Tan interior. All factory original/components except for its Tubi Exhaust.

Fresh engine out and other maintenance by renowned shop Classic Coach in NJ, with service fully documented with digital images. No CELs or by-pass remedies.

Highlights

• Includes all service receipts since car was purchased in 1997
    • Full engine service (engine out) in Feb 2021 by Classic Coach which documented all their work in digital pictures and will be given to new owner. Some pics on this post (on lift, wheels off, A/C recharge and CV pics)
    • New timing belts, replaced water pump housing, coolant hoses, new hydraulic tensioners, new parking brake shoes, new fuel filter
    • Driveshaft CV axles completely disassembled, clean, lubricated with new boots
    • Catalytic converters replaced with used, low mile originals (from ’99 model year)
    • New Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires (4). Installed few months ago; less than 400mi usage
    • Sticky switches resolved by previous owner, plus my own efforts guided by posts
    • Title on hand. Carfax shows no issues.

Performance/Maintenance

Everything works on the car. Normal idling, smooth acceleration, no smoking or strange noises, cold A/C and hot heater climate control although air directed to front and window vents only as the electric switch not operating to toggle to floor/foot area. The Spyder top mechanically sound, but sometimes interrupted (single beep noise) during operation possibly caused by a faulty switch but which resumes with switch re-engagement.

Engine out major work done in Feb 2021 by Classic Coach in NJ where they also tackled other projects per above outline. Prior major by previous owner was completed in 2016 by Wide World Ferrari in NY. Each year of my ownership between 2016 and 2021 I performed my own annual oil changes and brake fluid flushes bi-annually. This car has driven flawlessly over my years of ownership with no breakdown or slow down or other OBD issues except for intermittent CELs now resolved by replacing the Catalytic converters (both L & R) with low mileage ones from a ’99 model year 355. NJ emissions inspected and passed after service which should be last since this state no longer requires after 25yrs.

Rims have some cosmetic marks. Can send high resolution pics if you PM me directly with your email.

Additional Items

• 2 engine keys and fobs. Only 1 being original, other is duplicate
    • Leather bag with complete tools and belt from factory
    • Tire sealant can with bag (useless but good to show)
    • Ferrari Factory car cover (red of course)
    • Full set of owner manuals with leather pouch & Original F355 sales brochure with lots of detailed info and gorgeous pics of this (soon to be) classic!
    • Binder with ALL SERVICE RECORDS since 1997

Asking $108k
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

RichB1, rb913 and Gh21631 like this.
  2. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    In above pic on lift prior to the major service, those cats were the very ones replaced! Both CV axles disassembled for inspection, cleaning, re-greased with new boots. The engine was also an opportunity to clean up the engine and surrounding areas, removing decade old stains!

3. Schmidty23

Schmidty23 Karting

Apr 21, 2021
    Basking Ridge NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Schmidt
    I have also used classic coach. An absolutely incredible facility and service. Much like a Ferrari museum. Couldn’t recommend more highly

4. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    I felt really fortunate for them to service my car, possibly influenced by my referral from a former President of the Ferrari Club CT. Next to my car was an F40 and a vintage 1950s race car (Ferrari of course) and they took their time working everything meticulously in over 3-4 weeks.

5. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Lowering price to $98k ...

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    put it on BAT - u shld not be lowering your ask in this market

XLNLIFE likes this.
  7. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    you think putting a car on bat is so simple and everyone gets top $? lol...its a 7 day full time job and you could very easily not have rite buyers in the room, peanut gallery, etc..its not a easy cake walk, let alone the 8 week wait to go live

Vipmn1 and Il Tifoso like this.
  8. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Tarek - agree. BAT would be last option for me

9. speedy pete

speedy pete Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    darkside of the moon
    Full Name:
    Pete B
    BAT is terrible. Now they are becoming completely ridiculous with the amount of lag time from listing to going live.

10. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Nothing new. With volume comes saturation (if you notice they went from 200 to 300 to 400+ cars live) in a few short years.
    Beyond that, the pref to certain dealers (again, see ‘volume’ make it an annoyance to the little guy who has to wait 35+ days to go live. I know of a dealer who can buy an ACV or Manheim car Monday, and have it live on BaT the following week…)

11. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Beautiful car - GLWS!

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yes… BUT they will get you 20% more than anything or anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Well pcar has a similar car as urs but due for major and the guy couldn’t get 72k bout it now put of it. If i were u I’d put the effort for BAT if you want a chance at 100k

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The pcar 355 sold. Turns out it was in my backyard. Now they have a rosso barchetta spider

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Sold?

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/dealtank-1997-ferrari-f355/

It is still there, no?

so bat would get this person likely 90k plus … so If he doesn’t mind the hassle and listing …why not bat;)

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yes its sold. Pcar doesnt get anywhere the audience of bat, especially for ferraris. Pcar is a terrible name for a site that auctions non p cars. On bat it wld have been 120k. Its a clean car. I saw it myself a few months ago when i was at the shop.

XLNLIFE likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

120 needing a major? It’s a bit rich!

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    A major is 7k. A used rolex daytona is 30k now.

19. RAC911

RAC911 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2006
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Ralph Cacace
    Why are you selling the car? Nothing stated in your notes. Your price is not meeting the market buying price. Take a look at BAT data showing the buying prices. I do not like BAT since I tried to sell a 1998 F355 Berlinetta on their site. They cut off the bidding past on time even though bids were coming in 2 minutes apart. They did not provide a place to keep open bids. PCAR has a Deal Tank.if a car is not sold. I have a 1996 F355 Spyderwith 27K miles in great condition. Today it would sell for $75K. Last year about $65K. How is the roof operation? Many of these cars have a problem with the actuation.

20. Natkingcolebasket69

I know and u are also one of my favorite fchatter but I will respectfully disagree on the 120k;)
    No spider has brought that even with service.
    And with that being said I got go
    Back to work as I have lots of catching up to do
    If I want a collection like yours some day;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    How many times have i been wrong?

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Nevvvvveeeer!

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Stick 355 spiders are the most undervalued cars on the planet right now.

tatry68, Whisky, u2fast and 1 other person like this.