1997 F355 Teves Brake light and abs light issue | FerrariChat

1997 F355 Teves Brake light and abs light issue

Discussion in '348/355' started by nsalsabah, Jul 15, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nsalsabah

nsalsabah Rookie

Apr 29, 2014
    Hey guys, everytime I press the brake pedal, the brake light comes on and abs light immediately after it, for 2 seconds and then they go away, everytime! so I drove the car and after 1 week I noticed the car couldn't stop easily. Went to my mechanic, checked the pump, checked the fluid, everything was fine except the accumulator, (the black ball on top of the pump) so I replaced it and bled the system and the problem went away.
    Drove it for 2 weeks and the problem came back, back to my mechanic and its the accumulator again! it has failed 3 times and replaced it. any idea why the accumulator keeps failing?
    you can watch whats happening here:

2. Ricambio

Ricambio Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    When fully primed the system, which is the pressure (assuming your mechanic installed a gauge to check the pressure)?

3. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I would definitely check the operating pressures first. If they are too high, like the high limit switch is malfunctioning then I could see the accumulator getting overcharged and ruining it. Check for codes too.

Dave rocks likes this.
  4. nsalsabah

nsalsabah Rookie

Apr 29, 2014
    Hello, thank you for your reply.
    Will check what pressures they are on and ill let you know guys!

5. nsalsabah

nsalsabah Rookie

Apr 29, 2014
    Thank you for the reply, will check the pressure of them and ill let you know, lets suppose that the pressure is too high, what part is the high limit switch? is it the switch thats attached to the pump?
    Thanks.