1998 Ferrari F 355 SPIDER on ebay for $50k | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1998 Ferrari F 355 SPIDER on ebay for $50k

Discussion in '348/355' started by RichardGilmore, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Also notice that all his ads before this listed Benton Il as location. Now it says United States? He also has a 1933 Ford listed for $37,000. You couldn't hardly buy all the parts he lists on it for that. Also said this car was at Barrett Jackson in January, I couldn't find it. Pretty suspicious!!!!

2. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If you don't minding tell me, how did Paypal go after him? Did they track him down by the bank he used?
    I am just curious, because my buiness takes about 1/2m in paypal payments per year, and I want to know what my protection would be if someone tries to pull a fast one.

3. F355Fly

F355Fly Guest

Nov 26, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Asi
    I really think this guy was thinking he could just say he sent the item and get away with it. I first stopped the payment then filed the complaint with PayPal. When I filed the complaint I was told that I could have reversed the transaction with them had I not done so with my CC Co. I don't know exactly how they handled it but I know they did as this guy later sent me a letter telling me how he was pulled outta class to discuss this case by some detectives. I think you're pretty safe using PayPal as long as any complaint is made within 30 days of the charge date.

4. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
  5. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    So - I sent an e-mail to the "owner" and here is what I got back...

THIS IS A SCAM - STAY AWAY!!!

Start E-mail -

Hello

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my vehicle.First of all I must inform you that currently I'm in Amsterdam, Holland and i have to let you know that the car is here with me and it is in a perfect condition,I am the first owner of this car;The car has a clear title which you will receive it with .

It can be registered into your name,so stay cool about this.
    I have to tell you that I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regarding this sale function of time of payment and price. The price I hope to obtain is $50,000.00 USD (this price includes the shipping and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction.

Payment: l'm a serious seller with more than 2 years of experience in this field.l'm a fair trader with a very good feedback on ebay which is the proof that l have closed a few successfully deals.During this period l learned that the best deals are closed when the risk involved is minimum and the time to close a deal is as fast as it can.Because other methods are unavailable here or takes too much time till i cash the money payment You will arrange payment through western union .There are many ways to make a payment but this one was recommended to me by a good friend of our family who is a banking manager and told me that this method is safe and fast unlike COD or escrow that allows me to cash the money after 10 days.To arrange the transfer, you must go in person to an Western Union agent. From Western Union , you will receive a number (MTCN -Money Transfer Control Number)As soon as I have verified the transaction, I will ship you the car

So, here is what the deal will be like:
    - I will actually ship you the car first because the money will be pick up after you receive and inspect the vehicle
    - After you'll make sure that the vehicle it is in a good working condition as I've described it in the add I will wait for your permission to pick the money and get paid.
    - After I receive the payment I will leave you very good feedback and credentials on eBay if all will work smooth.
    For any concerns about this don't hesitate to mail me and I will provide whatever information you will need from me,I will give you my full name,and address.The idea is that I don't require up front payment, but only a payment proof so after you will make the deposit at western union please send me the infos of it(sender's name and address,receiver's name , MTCN, and amount) after I will check if the infos are correct I can make the shipping in 12 hours and after that I will give you a tracking nr of the shipment.
    I will ship the vehicle via Lufthansa Airplane Cargo insured and It will take 96 hours until you will have it at your door. The shipping is free.
    The payment are fully refundable if for any reason you do not accept the car or if the car has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as advertised. I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you reject the vehicle but since it works and looks perfectly I think it would get to this.
    Western Union company have offices in every bank, postal office, big store or airport from your town.
    Probably this payment method it is not very familiar to you but since i am in Holland (where is a lot of birocracy )l have used it for few times and each of my customers being satisfied and l have to admit that it is most efficient process to go through.
    Here is my name and address you need for the western union transfer:

First name: Sam
    Last name: Neal
    Address: 32 Rua Bartoja
    Zip code: 10712
    City: Lisboa

The vehicle is ready for shipment i just need your deposit confirmation from western union and exact address and it will be delivered to your address immediately and email you the tracking number.

Mail me ASAP ! It is very important to me to find out your response as
    quick as possible since it is a great request for this items.

Best Regards.

6. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Well - It looks like E-bay took some action - the car has been taken off Ebay...

... Rich Wallace

7. F355Fly

F355Fly Guest

Nov 26, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Asi
    As I said you will receive an email saying he is out of the country and it will go something like this.

Hello

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my vehicle.First of all I must inform you that currently I'm in Amsterdam, Holland and i have to let you know that the car is here with me and it is in a perfect condition,I am the first owner of this car;The car has a clear title which you will receive it with .

It can be registered into your name,so stay cool about this.
    I have to tell you that I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regarding this sale function of time of payment and price. The price I hope to obtain is $50,000.00 USD (this price includes the shipping and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction.

Payment: l'm a serious seller with more than 2 years of experience in this field.l'm a fair trader with a very good feedback on ebay which is the proof that l have closed a few successfully deals.During this period l learned that the best deals are closed when the risk involved is minimum and the time to close a deal is as fast as it can.Because other methods are unavailable here or takes too much time till i cash the money payment You will arrange payment through western union .There are many ways to make a payment but this one was recommended to me by a good friend of our family who is a banking manager and told me that this method is safe and fast unlike COD or escrow that allows me to cash the money after 10 days.To arrange the transfer, you must go in person to an Western Union agent. From Western Union , you will receive a number (MTCN -Money Transfer Control Number)As soon as I have verified the transaction, I will ship you the car

So, here is what the deal will be like:
    - I will actually ship you the car first because the money will be pick up after you receive and inspect the vehicle
    - After you'll make sure that the vehicle it is in a good working condition as I've described it in the add I will wait for your permission to pick the money and get paid.
    - After I receive the payment I will leave you very good feedback and credentials on eBay if all will work smooth.
    For any concerns about this don't hesitate to mail me and I will provide whatever information you will need from me,I will give you my full name,and address.The idea is that I don't require up front payment, but only a payment proof so after you will make the deposit at western union please send me the infos of it(sender's name and address,receiver's name , MTCN, and amount) after I will check if the infos are correct I can make the shipping in 12 hours and after that I will give you a tracking nr of the shipment.
    I will ship the vehicle via Lufthansa Airplane Cargo insured and It will take 96 hours until you will have it at your door. The shipping is free.
    The payment are fully refundable if for any reason you do not accept the car or if the car has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as advertised. I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you reject the vehicle but since it works and looks perfectly I think it would get to this.
    Western Union company have offices in every bank, postal office, big store or airport from your town.
    Probably this payment method it is not very familiar to you but since i am in Holland (where is a lot of birocracy )l have used it for few times and each of my customers being satisfied and l have to admit that it is most efficient process to go through.
    Here is my name and address you need for the western union transfer:

First name: Joshua
    Last name: Neal
    Address: 32 Rua Bartoja
    Zip code: 10712
    City: Lisboa

The vehicle is ready for shipment i just need your deposit confirmation from western union and exact address and it will be delivered to your address immediately and email you the tracking number.

Mail me ASAP ! It is very important to me to find out your response as
    quick as possible since it is a great request for this items.

Best Regards.

8. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Looks like the auction's been pulled by ebay.

9. RichardGilmore

RichardGilmore Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Richard Gilmore
    Yes I got the same email back as well. Obvious scam. I emailed him (her -it, whatever) and said "you, sir, are an idiot!"

Another scamster thwarted by the sharpies on Fchat!