Sold - 1999 355 F1 Berlinetta, Red/Beige, 4400 Miles, 100 Point Winner, Classiche Certified | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sold 1999 355 F1 Berlinetta, Red/Beige, 4400 Miles, 100 Point Winner, Classiche Certified

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Rossocorsa1, May 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    My Brothers, the 355 has always been my personal FAVORITE FERRARI of all time!!! I still own 3 of them.
    Last of the steel chassis , so raw and so exciting!This is one hell of a BEAUTIFUL EXAMPLE OF NORMALLY ASPIRATED INSANITY!
    Just want to throw my 2-cents in———- I LOVE IT :)
    Mike

BrianNYC14 and Stevie! like this.
  2. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I would drive it like I stole it. These cars are so much fun. I would depreciate it down to $60K within a few months. Oh, the Glory!!!

armedferret and Boomhauer like this.
  3. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Ok. That's worth...um...yes exactly two cents. Thanks!

Mike_J likes this.
  4. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Us drivers don't buy for value. Driving is a lifestyle. If I were to buy this and if it was valued at =50% of purchase price within a year, it was a good purchase!

I married a great looking, young wife. I take care of her. But after five kids, she is not the trophy she was ten years ago. I am ok with that. She is great! Same with my cars.

armedferret likes this.
  5. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Can’t believe this is still for sale. People are paying 150k for dodgy 355 Berlinettas just because they have a stick ! This car is a top shelf time capsule. If I didn’t already have a 355 F1 this would be the one. The F1 should not detract from the value of this car a single dollar.

MAD828 likes this.
  6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This car only makes sense if you want a museum piece. I you drive this car regularly, the premium you pay for it will disappear.

amenasce and LorenzoR like this.
  7. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Many can afford that issue to have the best.

8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    True, but understand what you're getting into. In 2002, I brought a 1974 911T with 16k miles on it. It was perfect. The Porsche factory was interested in it. I sold it because I like to drive on back roads, a lot. Rock chips alone where decreasing its value.

If you want a collector car, this one is the one. If you want a car to drive, I wouldn't buy this one.

9. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I get your point, but There are plenty of cars out there to drive hard. Very, very few that are in this condition. The fact that this car isn’t a hard driver in no way should diminish it’s value. It’s one of a handful left in the World that are time capsules and represent the very first Ferrari Formula One derived paddle shift transmission. I’d buy it in a second if I didn’t already have a 355 F1 Berlinetta driver and was building a collection of pristine examples. This car will find a buyer.

Stevie! likes this.
  10. ScottyB-Tampa

ScottyB-Tampa Rookie

Jan 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Burgin
    I don't agree at all - I call this maintaining a car at a premium level. The OP already mentioned that he drives this and all his cars regularly. I know many that do the same, and keep their cars looking near perfect. Some are just extreme perfectionist, and that's precisely the kind of person I would want to buy a car from.

Stevie! likes this.
  11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    For one of the gentlemen I spoke with last evening, the photos you requested are attached. The front leather boot strap for the tool kit and tire inflator bottle is in perfect, as new condition. It is the original. I do not store any of the ancillaries in the car. They are kept in my home, in a climate controlled environment.

Unlike the vast majority of these straps, it has zero splits or cracks, and it is secured with its original rivets. The buckle has no oxidation or piting. I also emailed these photos to you.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. Stevie!

Stevie! Rookie

Sep 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Stephen Lewis
    IMHO this may be better than new .. what price perfection? It would be right at home in the Ferrari museum, or any museum, but then, would it be maintained as well as it's been up to this point? It's certainly a tough act to follow! Bravo! So, so beautiful! ❤

13. Stevie!

Stevie! Rookie

Sep 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Stephen Lewis
    I ❤ it too Mike!

14. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    You have done a very nice job keeping it this way.
    Love the car good luck with sale

15. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Insane. Worth every penny.

V4NG0 likes this.
  16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    This is good documentation of what close to new looks like. Good reference point. Keep em comin :).

17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I have revised my asking price to $169,900. Thank you.

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Boomhauer, WATSON, 355dreamer and 2 others like this.
  19. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This is a fantastic car for a collector. But 4,400 miles in over 20 years says it is not a driver. I used to routinely put 200+ miles on my Maranello in a weekend. It would be a waste to put a lot of miles on this car. It can only be this good once.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ShineKen likes this.
  20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thank you

ShineKen likes this.
  21. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Car is now sold. Thank you.

blkdiablo33, PBT58, Boomhauer and 6 others like this.