1999 355F1 Spider Serie Fiorano - Outdoor weatherproof logo car cover | FerrariChat

1999 355F1 Spider Serie Fiorano - Outdoor weatherproof logo car cover

Discussion in '348/355' started by TTG, May 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Hey fellas, long time, no talk! So I am checking out of the rat-race and moving to Lido Key Beach, Sarasota, FL and shipping my car there next month. Was curious if any of you have an outdoor weather-proof, rain-proof fitted cover for your 355? Which one do you recommend? Florida has those passing sprinkles and I don't want to have to panic, get on the elevator (1/2 in the bag from happy hour) and have stress enter my body to run down and cover the car...need a safety net and don't want to go thru the hassle of that crazy sequence dealing with putting the top up,

Any recommendations on a top of line cover?

Thanks!

Todd
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    wow, not even a single reply - this site has changed from 15-20 years ago - I remember getting 10-15 replies a day...oh well, hope everyone is well!
    My best,

TTG

3. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    There was a message thread on car covers only a few days ago. Perhaps you could ask the recommended car cover companies if they can add logos for additional cost.

Serie Fiorano cars are quite rare and the number of SF owners visiting FChat on a given day is probably a little less than 10~15 ;)

DTRUMBL and TTG like this.
  5. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Hi Todd,

Three years ago I bought a Coverking Mosom Plus all-weather cover for my 550: All-Weather Mosom Plus Custom Car cover

It's kind to the paint and will do what you need it to do. I'm not sure if they can add a logo but it's worth a call.

Barry

6. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Wow- what a big change Todd!! I come on here but don’t post much nowadays- sold my 355 spider about 1.5 years ago- I think you saw it once? (Yellow with black interior/challenge grill)- had the red 360 coupe before that and black 911 cab back when the gin mill was up and running and when you first got the fiorano..

One of my weekend toys is a wrangler with half doors so I run into the same issue- I keep a Rain Gear (that’s the brand name) fitted top folded behind the rear seats that I can quickly get over the Jeep and attaches below with hooks into the chassis, but not the type of a top for a Ferrari! I’m not helping here- just wanted to comment since your move is big news and we haven’t spoken in a long time. Congrats on getting out of the rat race- I still have a ways to go but often fantasize of getting out...

-Andrew

TTG likes this.
  7. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Your gonna miss Murphy. Come on, admit it. :)

I've got a NOAH cover. It's not rain proof, but does keep most of the water off the body. it dries pretty quickly & is soft. However, it can deteriorate in a few years. I do take mine on & Off a bit & that contributes to the wear. I have sent one back under warranty after a corner was wearing thin. Also, it can get dirty though they bill it as "washable". I wouldn't. waterproof covers will not only keep rain out, but moisture in next to the car and they tend to be tougher to handle & get in a bag.

8. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
  9. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    cool car Todd!
    I am in Mendham - mine is the "boring" red/crema.

10. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Thanks guys! Good to see Clyde and Andrew on here - steady Eddies...hahaha

Going to look into these cover asap

My best,

TTG

11. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Just thought I would share how much of an idiot I am...so a buddy of mine in NJ went to the garage where I keep my car just to double check that I didn't already have an outdoor all-weather Ferrari-logo car cover already...turns out I DO already have one...brandy new! Hahahaha
    Duh!

Sancho22 and Qavion like this.