1999 550 Maranello - Black #114142 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1999 550 Maranello - Black #114142

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by dwood1969, Jan 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwood1969

dwood1969 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    David Wood
    Kizdan,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely post my impressions of the Capristo when it is on - there seem to be alot of people interested.

As for the shields, I agree with your assessment. I am all for them when they come from the factory but I can't get comfortable with just sticking them on the car.

Wheels will probably stay factory. I have yet to see any others that just make me say "I have to have those". I will take a closer look at HRE's selection.

Thanks.

2. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Unless you take the time to get the proper factory sheilds and then shape the fenders to take the sheilds... do not put them on!! I have seen where others have used the sticker type on the fenders and it just looks cheap!! :(

3. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Very clean cars, congrats.

It's a pity all US cars have these red/orange reflectors on the side. Kinds of spoils the line, looks out of place.
    Here front license plates are mandatory, but we don't have the reflectors. Guess one can't have it all ...

Not a huge fan of shields, but I agree that they dress up black cars nicely.

4. TeenwhoneedsaFerrari

Dec 23, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Blair Salter
    Dwood1969, Beautiful 550. I would say stick with the factory wheels! I agree that shields would make the car stand out even more than the black already does, but unless you can find metal ones that could be mounted in the shop, don't mess with it.
    I too live in North Carolina, actually I am in Greensboro. If you are ever going to be in the Greensboro area please let me know!!! I would love to see your car up close! It's not every day that you see a 550 Maranello cruising the streets. Just give me an email if you like. Thanks.

ze_shark,
    I LOVE your 355!!! The 355 is one of my favorite Ferraris. That is azzuro right??? The color combo is just OUTSTANDING!! The first time I have seen that combo on a 355. Wish I lived in Switzerland in your area! Seeing that car up close would make my day! Once again beautiful cars!
    To both of you I hope to own a 550 one day myself, either SILVER or BLACK. haven't decided yet, but I have awhile to do that. Great cars!

5. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
  6. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Hi there. Very nice maranello. I'm English, and I was wondering if it is possible to get such a car for $100k over the pond?