1999 and 2000 360 Modena CAM Timing Variator | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1999 and 2000 360 Modena CAM Timing Variator

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 4i2fly, Apr 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    There is always something, unfortunately, for most of us, we have no control over the actual job. I have to turn it to the dealer and they hopefully will do the job right. At this point, I am willing to pay and have them replaced and get a piece of mind that the car is not going to let me down by the side of the road.

Cheers,
    Matt

2. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    Izza,

Thanks for the heads up. I am taking the car in next month for its belts and the shop foreman suggested if I drive my car hard I should fork out the money and replace the variators at my own expense. I am going to do just that and get it over with.

Cheers,
    Matt

3. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Well, if you're due for a belt change anyway, the variator job just got a whole lot cheaper.

To do the variators while doing belts anyway should only add 3 or 4 hours if removing the cams from the engine, or only 1 hour if doing it the factory cam twist way.

Get it done asap and sleep easy knowing it's all well.

Ask your dealer about the challenge tensioner assist devices that have been upgraded (twice too). Once it's all done this time, it's fit and forget for ever!