1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV | FerrariChat

1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Dec 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    INBOUND!!

RARE

This rare stunning Lamborghini 1999 Diablo SV is GLOSS Black exterior over Tobacco/Tan leather with Black piping. WITH ONLY 14,835 miles from new. This is a ONE of ONLY 21 produced for the US Market and THE ONLY one in this color combination. The Diablo SV came stock with the later production model 5.7 engine, RWD and 5 speed gated shifter pumping out over 530 horse power. Exceptionally maintained and as if new in immaculate condition. All original, sold new from Lamborghini of Orange County. New tires, 15K service completed, new clutch at 11K miles and more. Includes all books, owners manual, tool kits, two master ignition keys with remotes and OEM car cover. Not a finer SV on the market int he USA today.

Contact me for Details.

425-787-6200

[email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas likes this.
  2. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Can you share the VIN with us? Looks like a stunning example! The yellow SV stickers are original or later added? As far as i know, the factory just made black, red, silver stickers, but always open to learn more :)

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    nice color combo without the stickers!

4. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    Orange too :)

Lemacc likes this.
  5. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    You are correct. The incorrect SV stickers are going to be removed and replaced with the correct Silver ones. I also plan to put the correct SV wheels back on, as these are Alpine Edition SV wheels. I prefer the Matt Black center finish ones.

Lemacc likes this.
  6. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    Those are actually the correct SV wheels for that car IIRC. I looked at this car for sale in 2003 in southern Cali before I bought my Monterey Blue 99SV. From talking to the original owner, the car came from the factory with chrome SV wheels. It had no stickers back then. Very nice car and quite rare. Love the 99SVs.

Lemacc likes this.
  7. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    I would just remove the stickers and put the original gear knob on. If the wheels are original for this car, keep it as it is. It´s a part of the history. Can you share the VIN? I own a MY99 SV too and try to track down all MY99 SVs.

8. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    I thought Lamborghini never offered chrome wheels as an option and that this was done by US dealers; but I might be wrong.
    It would be interesting to get an overview of the '99 production numbers; if you have any documentation that shows that this is 1 of 21 US SV, please do share.

9. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    So hard to get a straight story. I DO know the car never came with stickers attached from the factory. I was told that Silver ones came packaged with the car, but they were never applied.

The Wheels...I have heard two different stories.

The Chrome SV wheels came on the 'Alpine" edition only cars...which this is not as they were all numbered and had the SV Alpine stitched in the Headrest. All other SV cars had the Matt Black Center wheels.

I also heard that the LATTER 99 SV cars came with the Chrome Wheels, the same TIME around XLA12200 was also where they dropped the Lamborghini badge from the top of the rear panel lid and placed it on the rear grille too. Swop style SV to the Angular all Chrome SV. These cars were also as I am told had late changes as well, MY99 Diablo production (from XLA12200 // engine number 2219) they changed the air intake and engine heads. So this would make sense that the wheels were changed at the time as well??

Right now I am leaning towards just taking the sticker off. Its going to Steve's at Driven Exotics for a FULL work up, thinking about keeping it for myself. It already has a new clutch and is in perfect condition from the PPI and all the receipts. So get the 15K major done, a few other small heres and theres and then enjoy the heck out of it.

Anyone have a lead on the gear shift know or wheels, contact me.

VIN# is ZA9DU21B7XLA12262

Bas likes this.
  10. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    You are right, around XLA12200 some modification were done during production. rear badge location and different heads.
    See attached:
    Up to engine 2219:
    https://www.bullstuff.com/lamborghini-parts-manual/diablo-1999-diablo-sv-usa
    https://www.bullstuff.com/lamborghini-parts-manual/diablo-1999-diablo-sv-usa/11.01.00
    https://www.bullstuff.com/lamborghini-parts-manual/diablo-1999-diablo-sv-usa/11.02.00
    https://www.bullstuff.com/lamborghini-parts-manual/diablo-1999-diablo-sv-usa/11.03.00
    From engine 2220:
    https://www.bullstuff.com/lamborghini-parts-manual/diablo-1999-diablo-sv-usa/11.01.01
    https://www.bullstuff.com/lamborghini-parts-manual/diablo-1999-diablo-sv-usa/11.02.01
    https://www.bullstuff.com/lamborghini-parts-manual/diablo-1999-diablo-sv-usa/11.03.02
    https://www.bullstuff.com/lamborghini-parts-manual/diablo-1999-diablo-sv-usa/11.04.02

Regarding the chrome wheels, don´t think they were all delivered with chrome wheels after XLA12200 cause i saw several later cars with black wheels too.
    Imo i would keep the car stickerless, black-beige combination looks more elegant, the silver stickers would make the car too busy. Just my 2 cents.

My best
    Leo

11. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    The later '99 SV cars had a different rear grill layout as well, no centre bull logo and small chrome SV badge (like VT/GT style)

Lemacc likes this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Either way it's a stunning car Roy :)

Lemacc likes this.
  13. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    A bit off-topic but what I have always wondered is how much the influence was of the German takeover on the '99 design update. To me these seem sort of like transition cars between the '95-'98 Diablo line-up and the newly developed 6.0 under German ownership and designed by Donckerwolke. Does anyone know who redesigned the interior for the '99 line-up? Also, in '99 the corporate image of Lamborghini changed; you can tell by the brochures distributed that year. And then there is of course the GT which was added to the line-up. To me the GT seems very much like a model that was already largely developed under pre-German ownership. Its development required a relatively large investment for a limited production model, it had its own racing series (GTR) as in '96-'98, and the GT was not homologated for the US; all aspects that I consider unlikely to have happened for a car developed under German ownership. The 6.0 SE and 2000 Millennium Roadster for example seem in that sense more in line with the German interpretation of special edition models.

14. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    The 99 interior was based on the 96 Affolter (Swiss importer) modified cars, according to Raymond Stofer.

The (Nissan) fixed headlights were due I believe to impending EU regulations banning pop up headlights, though I know the Ferrari 456GT kept them until 2003.

My own SV was specified with a Roadster rear bumper on delivery, so anything was possible from a specification viewpoint pre-Audi.
    I believe the swiss delivered SVs also had Roadster front bumpers as standard.