430 - 19K mile '05 coupe w / manual tranny conversion? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

430 19K mile '05 coupe w / manual tranny conversion?

Discussion in '360/430' started by centerpunch, Dec 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    For what it’s worth, there are pictures in the listing of the invoices for doing the swap and they add up to almost $30k.

2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Low mile Superamerica are asking less than $250k. CGTs are in the half million range. F40.

Nobody will be buying a $500k 599 unless it’s made of gold. It’s not going to sell for $400k either.

3. centerpunch

centerpunch Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2008
    OH / NC
    I think you might be a little out of sync on the current CGT market, and I don't think there are any $500K F40's either......

gsworld2014 likes this.
  4. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Once again...... asking prices and getting prices are not the same thing.

You believe someone is going to spend $500k on 599 franken car? Name some cars you’d like to own for $500k

5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Centerpunch provided actual data, rather than an opinion, on the difference between gated and F1 430s which showed an 05 gated car with 8500 miles sold for more than double the price of a F1 06 car with 10,000 miles, around the same time, in the same marketplace.

This is the only actual data point (rather than opinion) on selling prices in this thread, and while it’s just one data point, it indicates that a gated car currently has a 100% premium over a F1 car. Not 40% or anything else. Just saying.

gsworld2014 and one4torque like this.
  6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    gsworld2014 likes this.
  7. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I haven’t seen a conversion before. I could see doing this becoming hugely popular some day. Eventually the aftermarket could offer a complete manual trans better than the original. Maybe they already do

8. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
  9. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It will be interesting to see if this car brings more than the cost of a donor car plus conversion. So far, it does look like there is demand for such a car. I own an '05 3 pedal coupe since new, so I like to watch the market out of curiosity. I check cars.com every once in a while, and I never see more than a few examples for sale. It appears that those who own them aren't anxious to sell them even when the premium is 2X. I'm sure there is a price I'd let mine go but I don't know what it is. It's been a terrific car and I don't know what I would replace it with if I did sell it.

Dave

one4torque likes this.
  10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    It’s funny to see the foamy mouths from gated swap f car.... man swap any other marque and fans go crazy w applause.

makes this hobby fun!

Mickster, JaguarXJ6 and KC360 FL like this.
  11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That’s true. The quote I quoted from another esteemed poster was

“Seriously..... think of all the cars in the world one could buy for half a million$$$. You think someones gonna spend that on a 599?”

There was no mention in that quote of a conversion. The conversation here has been both about conversions and factory cars.

gsworld2014 likes this.
  12. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Yes also my thoughts about my 3 pedal 430 spider. There’s just nothing else out there to move on to, with the same attributes.

driller1 and gsworld2014 like this.
  13. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #88 Jason Crandall, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    If you were reading the thread you’d see that my comment stemmed from someone selling a “conversion”.... not a factory car.

Asking prices mean nothing. This concept has also already been covered in this thread..... if you were reading it.

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Will be interesting to see how this does with an auction over christmas......

$81K 3+ days to go..... GLWS, and GLWBids.

normal BAT peanut gallery in play :)

15. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    -I think the car should at least be worth the base car plus the added expense for the conversion...maybe more since you can hop in it right now.

-This type of conversion isn't a hack job at all. If all factory parts were used it's mechanically no different than a one from Maranello.

-I surely would pay more for a car like this than a similar spec F1.

-The F430 isn't going to be a collectible anytime soon. Just too many produced. Still a wonderful car, but appreciation is a pipe dream.

-Someone will buy this car for a serious discount off a factory manual and have all the fun in the world.

Mickster, KC360 FL and one4torque like this.
  16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Hope it ends up in a track somewhere vs garage candy

17. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    There are outliers in every poll, every auction, and every market.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=32907&showNegotiable=true&sourceContext=forSaleTab_true_0&distance=50000&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d443#listing=204789662
    Has been listed for 617 days. Starting price was $169K Now at $159K

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=32907&showNegotiable=true&sourceContext=forSaleTab_true_0&distance=50000&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d443#listing=243979687
    Has been listed for 187 days. Starting price was $192.5K Now at $169K

JaguarXJ6 likes this.
  18. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Actually, F430 6spd prices with mileage close to 20k are in the 150-160k asking range and still listed after a full month or longer. Cars that are priced to sell will sell the same week. Like what you see in a good real estate market where supply is low.

I didn't bother keeping a spreadsheet of prospects but could build one with the 5 months of searching before I found my F1 two weeks ago. When I say searching I mean spending many hours a week scouring cars for sale and looking at specs and photos, pulling free carfax info where available and VIN sleuthing.

There was an F430 Grigio Nurburgring but wrapped a different color listed on here for 170-180k and sold after a short wait. I remember another Rossa Corsa car selling for around the same price. Outside F-Chat the market is SOFT compared to just a few years ago.

Perhaps Ferrari got it right with their forecast, produce enough for the enthusiasts, upsell the F1 to a bulk of buyers.

Yes, I wanted a three pedal car but my knee the way it is and planning for the future, I went the F1 route.

19. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    The market has spoken...
    Sold for $135k before the bringatrailer commission...

one4torque and JaguarXJ6 like this.
  20. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I'll be very surprised if the deal closes.

21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Nice for buyer and seller. Bravo a merry Christmas boys!

22. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I’m reminded of a mr wonderful podcast.. was talking about market disrupters and the naysayers.. he said it will be a path full of naysayers and negativity.., he said just stay focused on the prize and tune out the noise.

noise comes from many sources ... individuals, institutions forums mfr’s competitors... but oh does the free market work. Bravo

LorenzoR likes this.
  23. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    40k dollar premium for a converted stick? Seems a bit much but at least the guy doesn’t need to wait for the car. The conversion is pretty straight forward, I’m sure we will be seeing lots of them.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. vipertoad

vipertoad Rookie

Feb 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andy V
    Wow looks like I'm getting into the conversion business! :D

25. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Need an on-line store with swap kits: hardware, tune, ready to ship.

Welcome to the 'Gated Community'.... it is a special club :)