19th April 2004 Silverstone FOC Trackday | Page 2 | FerrariChat

19th April 2004 Silverstone FOC Trackday

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 360CS, Mar 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    What's it going in Dale?

2. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi John its in my sisters range rover,it had the good old liner shift problem,i wont comment on what the main dealer said the fault was,funny though,
    dont like doing quicky jobs but had to get it back on the road for sister,surgically clean build thats the secret of engine,tran's building,
    its done 2000 miles over now and it will go on round the clock with coolant oil changes,
    cheers
    Dale.

3. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    Hi Ray,

Sorry for the late reply to the kind invite, look forward to the ride, but I don`t see the need for any Shreddies. MDS will be spanner man for SR`s F40 but said he should have time to give a few lessons (LOL).

See you on the 19th.

Regards.

Phil.

PS Dale,

Nice Engine.

4. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Am I correct in my assumption that if someone takes me for a spin in their car at the trackday, I shall require a crash helmet?

If so, can someone lend me one, or is there the facility to hire one at the track. I promise to get my headlice, fleas and wig-pixies under control by then........

BTW Tony, are you just going up to watch, or are you taking a spin trackside?

5. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Stig

If you have one take it, if not then I think you can hire one . Not 100% sure, perhaps Wazza or Andy could clarify that.

Joe

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Stig,
    just watching.I'll need to hire a crack hat too.

7. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Tony,

I'm thinking of comitting some of the track action to video, and I have a professional editor chap to work with the footage.

I'll be bringing along a DV camcorder. Do you have such a thing, or would you agree to be a second camera operator if I can get another?

8. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Hey guys,

I think I've managed to blag the day off work on the 19th April!!

Would be great to go up in convoy with F-cars and you guys and watch for the day. I'm completely new to the whole trackday thing, so I don't think I should get involved with racing yet!! Probably best to watch once and get up to speed with how it all works.... (not a member of FOC yet either) perhaps blag a couple of laps passenger with you proffesionals?

Anyhooo. Where is the best place to meet for convey? Most of you guys are going to be coming up from Kent right? I'm coming from Canary Wharf area so down the A2 to M25... anyone got any good ideas for meeting point?

Cheers
    Ade

9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Stig,
    no prob.I'm sure i have digi-video camera somewhere.

10. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Guy's you will have to wear crash helmets they wont let you on the track without one,

cheers
    Dale.

11. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Dale,

Understood, but do you know if you can you hire one there on the day, or will I have to beg/steal/borrw?

12. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Stig i can bring some spare helmets they new clean and not cheap,let me know how many to bring and il bring them with me,as long as we dont mark them to much we will be ok leave it to me,people owe me enough favours,

cheers
    Dale.

13. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Dale,

Fantastic dude!

Well, I'll want one, and Tony certainly.

I will cleanse my bonce to surgical standards beforehand, and perhap the application of a little gaffer tape to potential contact spots should keep them in Tip-top condition.

Thanks

14. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    can anyone come and watch as i am not a member of foc is there a charge on the gate or is it free to watch if you are in a f car

15. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Stig,

I always carry a spare Helmet and some de-licing powder.

As far as i'm aware, I don't think they allow videos in the car.
    I'm not sure why, probably a safety issue or maybe they think it encourages racing !?!?!

Wazza

16. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #41 360CS, Apr 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I checked they dont do Helmets there....and no Cameras in cars..boo..Hoo

They say you need fire proof overalls or cotton jobbies......Got fire proof pant...s lol

Oh Well Wazz, looks like in off to get me kit. The Spiders booked from service and preparation for the day......pocket feeling lighter

The CS Spec confirmed today :

Rossa Corsa
    Red Black Seats (Alacan)
    Red Calipers
    Red Safety Harness
    CD Radio
    Fire Exting
    Red lower Dash (Black Stitch)
    Black Upper(Red Stitch)
    Red top s/wheel with Yellow band

Three Colour Racing Stripe

That ill do nicely
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Well blagging a lid looks like no probs, but needing overalls makes it untenable. Ah well, just along to watch then.....

18. GOS 348

GOS 348 Karting

Jan 17, 2004
    Edenbridge, Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris Gosling
    You do not need overalls. All arms and legs must be covered (no shorts or T shirts). I wear jeans and and a long sleeve shirt (necessary because of Silverstones wind chill factor)

Passengers have to pay £5 for a wristband that allows you to go out as many times as you want/can.

Each competing car is usually allowed 5 guests, so you can get access even if you are not an FOC member

I will be going up on the Monday although the car may already be at Silverstone (service by Terry Keys Motorsport).

I will also have two spare helmets with me.

19. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Chris,

Thats a relief, it was all sounding a bit official, Jeans and Ftop it is then..

20. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Well guys thats a first-no helmets needed,looks like they have changed the rules a little,will bring a couple of helmets just in case any of you guys want them,

cheers
    Dale.

21. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Are cameras allowed in cars if they are rigidly fixed? If so, does anyone have the appropriate hardware?

22. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

I think so stig, it just not allowed to be going all over the place..i think..

23. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    waz has a very cool vid camera that's mounted behind his shoulder in the car...i'm sure he'll take that.

24. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Thats right Tony with the lick on sticky thingy bob!! Hes a regular Mr Gadget .....

25. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Guys, I am going in my 348 Spyder to the Silverstone Trackday. Going down on Monday earlier am. Is anyone going from the North. I will be using the M1 near Sheffield ??