1st Ferrari: From Huracan to Testarossa! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

1st Ferrari: From Huracan to Testarossa!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Anymac, Jan 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I put mine in the trunk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Trunk AND PDF manual it is!

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great choice; now go drive it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anymac likes this.
  4. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    I so want to! I’ve driven it 2 miles so far. It’s been raining non-stop in OC since it arrived. Which never happens! Won’t stop until Weds. Go figure.

5. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Door pocket.

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    better rain than snow ;)

7. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Had both and the 440 was stronger. Love it! If you do go with other wheels and spacers, the Hill Engineering bolts are
    not long enough. Mine only engaged 4 threads! Scary! Just check it and they are as safe as stock if the bolts are the
    correct length. They may have given me the wrong ones. 1/2 inch of offset will not have a measurable amount
    of issue with suspension and possible stabilize the car even more. Again, my opinion after doing it on 4 Tr's

Anymac likes this.
  8. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Yes I love the big block!

Nice to hear you’ve had good success with spacers! Do you mind posting pics?

9. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    you can find them on ricambi

Anymac likes this.
  10. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    What is that?

11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Great place to buy parts for Ferrari’s ask for Daniel

12. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Murphy’s law has struck. I have not driven the car since it’s been raining non-stop. Went to drive it this eve and it wouldn’t start. Would not even try to start. No clicking, nothing. Just dash lights.

It seems like I recall hearing about immobilizer issues with these cars. Not sure whether:

1) it needs a jump - I’m going to try but something tells me this isn’t the issue

2) starter or ground

3) some funky starting routine I’m doing wrong???

Any ideas?

13. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    battery has power?
    when you turn the key to start the dash lights still on or off?

14. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Yes dash lights on. All seems normal. Just no even attempted turnover. Have not jumped yet as I had to charge my portable jumper.

turbo-joe likes this.
  15. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Forget jumping the car - get a low amperage smart charger and let it sit overnight. Get a volt meter at the same time. Once your voltage is up, it’ll start. Always leave the car on trickle charger.

Likely the battery is weak, or you have something using power after your key is turned off.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 and Anymac like this.
  16. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Why do you say forget jumping? If I were stranded I would want to jump no?

I have a smart jump system. So wanted to see if this works. I def will get a volt meter and trickle as well.

17. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    #67 vincenzo, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Too easy to fry electronics....

These work well. Good selection of accessories. Four of them run constantly here - even on my daily driver.

After a drive I always raise the hood to let the heat out and hook up the charger.

Attached Files:

18. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    #68 Anymac, Feb 6, 2019
    This is my Lithium Ion smart jump starter. Note it has protection against reverse polarity, reverse current, short circuits and overheating.

I assume this is safe to use? Also do I hook this or trickle directly to the terminals? I don’t see jumping or charging instructions in manual.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i do the same with all my cars that rarely get driven

20. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Nearly all of my cars get driven at least once per week so I have never used a trickle charger.

I am hoping the testarossa doesn’t need to be charged after 4 to 7 days of sitting!

21. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    #71 vincenzo, Feb 6, 2019
    You also have a radio issue in another post - good chance the issues are related. That radio is likely powered with the key off to maintain time and presets. Good chance it is the cause of your power drawdown.

Even if you jump the car and get it running - why work your alternator to death trying to charge a dead battery? Alternators were designed to maintain a battery against normal electrical draw from operation. Charging dead batteries is hard, continuous and hot work for an alternator. Battery maintainers keep your battery and alternator in tip top shape. Low voltage can cause all kinds of gremlins in any car.

Even my daily driver gets a battery maintainer on it - ALWAYS.

That jump starter is intended for emergency use - this ain’t no stinkin ‘mergency ;)

22. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    It started right up with jump. My first time using this Lithium Ion jump starter and I’m sold.

I will have the battery checked and replaced if needed. Will prob add a trickle charger.

23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    replace battery if needed and after a drive just put a battery tender on it i use battery tender plus i have 5 cars on tenders ,after u start it ck voltage for charging .finally no rain in la,go for a drive

Anymac likes this.
  24. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    charge the battery with low A ( around 6 A, disconnected from the car, battery main switch off ), for 12 hours, then test the battery , wait 1 day and test again. when then the battery shows regular voltage the battery is ok

25. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Congrats!

Oooooh.....black dash, that's rare!

.....and a big "Freeze....Miami Vice!" out to you.

Don't worry about Nat....we all find him annoying ;) haha...just kidding Nat!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!