For Sale - 2 DCT gearboxes for F12 and FF | FerrariChat

For Sale 2 DCT gearboxes for F12 and FF

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by rumen1, Dec 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    #1 rumen1, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    I have these two used DCT gearboxes for sale. The first one is the old unit from my F12, that has a bad differential inside and the second one is a used FF unit in good condition.

So I bought my F12 with a bad gearbox originally, so my mechanic opened it and found, that the differential in it is in very bad shape, because it has been left without the necessary amount of oil. This was caused I think by a bad oil pressure sensor, that caused the oil to be thrown out from the unit. I think the gearbox thought, that the pressure was too high and tried to save itself by throwing out some oil. I am not a mechanic, this is just my suspicion. Anyway, after opening the gearbox we found, that the diff is definitely bad and its teeth have been blunted, but everything else is mechanically OK. Since I have already bought a new oil pressure sensor and also a speed sensor stage 3 kit before we opened the unit to discover the problem, these have been present, so they are mounted in the gearbox now. Everything works fine in it, so if you mount it on a car, it will actually work. Clutches are fine, gears are fine, all electronics (SAP kit etc) are fine and the speed sensor is brand new. The price for this gearbox is 5500 Euro (about $6000 at the moment) + shipping. Now the shipping will be the tricky part, since the weight of the unit is more than 100kg, but I guess for USA it will be around $1200 and for Europe, I can arrange a driver to deliver it personally for about $400.

The second gearbox is from a FF. I bought it used from a company in Austria, that assured me, that it is from a F12. Both DCT models are absolutely identical from the outside, so you can not tell to which model exactly it fits. After I received it, I have put it on the car and the gearbox light came on the dash almost immediately. Then I have understood, that this Austrian company has lied to me and sold me a gearbox from another model. My mechanic opened it and we have discovered differences in several of the gears and also the differential. After some help from Ferrarichat member windsock (thank you, man), we have concluded, that it can not be from anything else, than a FF, since the California unit is much different. At the end I decided to just buy a new DCT from Ferrari for 30 000 Euro. Since this gearbox has been inspected inside and also tried on the car, I can say, that it is in very good condition and without any issues. The price for it is 7700 Euro (about $8000) + shipping.

I am located in Bulgaria and payment can be done both via Paypal or bank transfer. For any questions, please PM me.

I will upload pics of the F12 DCT later and now here are pics of the FF DCT:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    New prices:

F12 one: 5450 Euro+ shipping
    FF one: 7650 Euro + shipping

3. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    New prices:

F12 one: 5440 Euro+ shipping
    FF one: 7640 Euro + shipping

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    wishing you luck with your sale but my advice is lowering price 10 euro will not help. better to just bump the thread and keep price same.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  5. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I know these models share the same gearbox (FF, F12, 458) but I believe the gearing is different. Any idea if these will work in a 458? Any sort of warranty offered here? Thanks in advance

6. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    No, I don't think any of these will work on a 458 unfortunately. For sure many of the parts inside are identical, but the gearing will definitely be different.

7. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    New prices:

F12 one: 5430 Euro+ shipping
    FF one: 7630 Euro + shipping

8. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    New prices:

F12 one: 5400 Euro+ shipping
    FF one: 7600 Euro + shipping

9. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I am considering dismantling the F12 unit and sell the parts separately.

10. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Since the diff in the F12 gearbox was bad, I decided to completely break the whole DCT unit and sell its parts separately. If anyone needs something, please let me know.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

vraa likes this.
  11. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria