$200,000 Coming Out Party | Page 2 | FerrariChat

$200,000 Coming Out Party

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by teak360, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    All I get for my birthdays from my mom is a tennis racket every year!! I think she is trying to tell me something.

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    What was worse then the amount of money the parents spend ( and that is totally ridiculous) is how the kids act. They are so spoiled and rude.......... I feel bad for the kids in the school that don't get invited they seem to take it hard. I don't know why they care.

3. bottomline

bottomline Formula 3

Mar 10, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bijan
    Agreed! I didn't grow up with it, but I do remember that it used to be much better a few years ago.

4. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    How naughty? Any stop-overs in Rio?

5. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well, there is no rule that says you have to be sane and grounded to be a dad. If, at the age of 50, you want to prance about in pink leather on a stage you have built, wiping the sweat off the brow of performer you’ve hired, then I guess your judgment might be a tad skewed. It’s the sort of thing you would expect from Michael Jackson.

I think the guy has gone ‘money mad’. There is a point where money alters from being a measure of productive labor into a measure of self worth as gauged through the eyes of others. The more you spend the higher a being you become; it doesn’t matter on what you spend it, save that it must be conspicuous consumption and not anonymous charity for without external appreciation, your not really spending anything. It is a condition that seems to afflict people who deep down believe they don’t deserve the money and ultimately they will never have anything, and the burn rate is there to assure them that the money really is there.

How many parents out there spend over 10% of their annual income on a kid’s 13th bash, bar/bat mitzvah or no. Put another way, if you were pulling in $25,000 a year would you put almost $3,000 into a party? Probably not.

Not to worry. Some kids learn the right lessons from the wrong way of doing things, I hope his kids are among them.

6. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    sounds like that horrible "my super sweet sixteen" show on mtv. the first and only episode i watched, about halfway through the episode the camera guy asked the father how much hes spent so far planning it, and he said he stopped counting at $400,000

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    when I saw the thread title, I thought "that's a lot of money to tell people you're gay." And I didn't know they threw a party for it - Noah never mentioned that!

8. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    glad to know i wasn't the only one thinking...

a gay person throwing a 200k party to announce he's coming out of the closet??

9. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    An old thread I came across by searcing for "Buenos Aires", whatever happen to Brooks? I know he was under the eye of the government.

10. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    If the company ever does come crashing down, atleast he has that party to look back on and the pink suit he can still wear.

11. ski_bum

ski_bum Formula 3

Dec 26, 2002
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Probably make him popular in prison. Oops! Mr. Brooks, will you please pick up that bar of soap for me........

12. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

They did one for a girl that lives here in the valley. Her father owns Mark Mitsubishi, a big local chain of car dealerships. His daughter wants to be a singer, so he drops $200,000 on getting his girl on this MTV show. Funny thing is they never showed a lick of her singing...

200K down the tubes.

13. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2006
    NOVA
    I'd ask for a ****ing condo. Who needs a party :(

14. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I went to a $300K Bat Mitzvah 2 weeks ago... WAYYYYY OVER THE TOP. A lot of fun though.

As for me... no way I would ever spend that kind of money for a childs party. Entirely wrong message IMO...

If she (the child) becomes a school teacher it would take her a lifetime to pay that off if she had to... Seems to me it totally devalues money to these kids and raises expectations to (often) unachievable levels.

I suspect anyone who gives their teen a $300K party can expect to be subsidizing them for a lifetime...

15. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Why not celebrate with a weekend in Tijuana?

With $50 US, you can get the local trumpeter and guitar player, full buffet with a case of tequila and corona, and the best Mexican Whores in the entire city, all in one fun night.

And you can do it for your 14th, 16th, 18th, or 21st Birthday....it doesn't really matter...:D

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    4 more years ...

17. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    my kids are gonna get an icecream cake and a nice pat on the back with me saying "congrats, you made it another year, now go mow my F'n lawn....

18. audihenry

audihenry Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Henry
  19. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
  20. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Yeah, but if your a CDN you may end up dead.

21. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Instead of a $300K party, I would just be like, screw the party, give me cash. I'll do what I want!

22. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    For my next birthday, I just want everyone to Shut the f&^k up for once...

23. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    He's partying while his sh!tty vests can't even stop a 9mm; can you imagine being the parents of a dead soldier whose life was lost because of a sub-standard product, and this azz-wipe is partying away?

What is wrong with us? Is it me or are we as a nation that far gone?

I hope he goes to jail and gets azz-raped on a daily basis; this isn't the first time he's run afoul of the law either....

EDIT-Looks like Board members are resigning and the stock is down to $3.48....

24. Agni

Agni Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Chicago
    Thats some crazy stuff.