Sold - 2000 Ferrari 456M 6-speed - Grigio Titanio/tan leather | FerrariChat

Sold 2000 Ferrari 456M 6-speed - Grigio Titanio/tan leather

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by asgor, Oct 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    #1 asgor, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    This beautiful automobile belongs to a gentleman (I am not using this term loosely) I know. He is getting ready to put it on BaT but I told him I should gauge interest here on FChat before he does so. We all know online auctions can be a stressful experience that many would like to avoid in favor of a private sale. However, the owner knows this is a desirable car that would likely fetch top dollars if sold on BaT.

This 456M is located in Pennsylvania, 38,600 miles on the odometer, seller is the fourth owner (he acquired it in 2016). Major service done in 2016 at 31,500 miles including new clutch assembly + throw-out bearing, as well as new Pirelli PZero Asimmetrico tires.

New spark plugs + oil change + new fuse box + compression test + thorough check-over at a very reputable independent Ferrari shop have been performed to get it ready for sale.

I am not a mediator: just an enthusiast trying to help another enthusiast. If interested please reach out to me and I will gladly put you in touch with the seller.

His asking price is $145,000 - offers considered. Serious inquiries only, please.

Here are some pics. Many more images are available from the seller as well as a far more thorough description of this car's history, maintenance records, etc.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. cshapard

cshapard Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Beautiful, great combo and looks like great shape!

3. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
  4. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Agreed. I haven't seen this 456M in person but the images show a vehicle that is nearly immaculate.

Ah, and for those of you wondering: the Scuderia shields are OEM, not stick-ons.

jjmalez likes this.
  5. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Asgor,
    I've kept the 456M Register for about 5 yrs now (as I think you know). This could be one of about 5 cars based on colors & shields. 3 of this year in these colors and 2 complete unknowns still on my list for MY 2000. Perhaps the owner wouldn't mind sharing a bit of data about the car for the register. If so, please let me know. I never identify owners...just cars.

Eric

nicholasn, dr_rob and Patek like this.
  6. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I will gladly ask the owner if he is interested in sharing additional details.

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This one looks to be almost too nice to drive! Just lovely.

8. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks. He can PM me here or you can do so as intermediary. Just happy to document the model.

9. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Nice example !

10. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Think he meant beat up 348 wanted thread, I reported it so a mod can move

beautiful 456 btw

11. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    He must be talking about Hoovie. He posted about selling all his cars and I heard someone set up a similar email and folks are somehow sending them deposits.

This isn't Hoovie's 456, different color even. This is a great looking car!

12. Shabadoo

Shabadoo Rookie

Mar 12, 2017
    Where is the car in PA? I'll be there next week and would love to see the car if reasonably close. I'm a serious buyer.

13. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I sent you a PM.

14. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    This car is about to go on Bring a Trailer. Anyone who might have an interest in it is encouraged to come forward soon.

15. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Beautiful car. I love the color combo (I have it’s GTA twin)

16. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Absolutely beautiful spec.

17. mominayal

mominayal Karting

Feb 2, 2017
    Indiana
    Eric do you all Maintain a registry for the non-M cars?

18. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have begun to expand the register to include the US 456 cars but haven't reached the maturity of that of the M's. I'll share when it is a bit further along

Il Tifoso likes this.
  19. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    That’s awesome. Thanks Eric.

20. JamesOG

JamesOG Rookie

Jan 5, 2021
    asking price is laughable

Doug. and riccardone like this.
  21. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    carguyjohn350 and Texas Forever like this.
  22. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Thank you for that bit of wisdom :rolleyes: Dude, it isn't 1 year ago anymore: check the auction prices and get back to us with a better informed opinion.

Cigarzman, jjmalez, Mirek and 4 others like this.
  23. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Says someone who a) doesn't have a clue and b) probably doesn't own any Ferrari. Please go do some research and post helpfully.

24. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    My post above was not at @asgor, it was at the other dude saying the asking price was "laughable"... site won't let me edit above so just clarifying that.

Also I hope the price is met or exceeded.. take it to BaT and I bet that beauty will easily go beyond asking!! Just look at what happened a few days ago with the Nero/Nero 456GT!!

25. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    Yeah it pains me as a buyer to say it, but the GT/MGT market has lived a thousand lives since even a couple months ago at Monterey this year. It’s really hard to tell if there’s been 2-5 recent outliers, in which case the seller might be disappointed, or if we have turned a corner on these cars, in which case he might not.