2000 Ferrari 550 Maranello $55k | FerrariChat

2000 Ferrari 550 Maranello $55k

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Bradwilliams, May 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#1 Bradwilliams, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    She's still for sale $55k

-31k miles
    -Interior is a 9.2/10
    -Exterior 9.5/10
    -Grigio Titanio on Bordeaux red leather
    -19' HRE wheels
    -Capristo exhaust, x pipe, and test pipes

It has a clear rebuilt title. Accident shown was a minor fender bender where the rear bumper was replaced. I started sorting it in 2014 and am almost finsished with the process. Car is 95% sorted, just needs somebody to put in the final 2-3k of minor work ahead of it. It has been serviced at Autosprint in Chicago by Giovanni. He can attest to its condition and future repairs. The full major service and clutch were done last year and I have put about 3500 miles on it since. I have 22k in receipts from 2014. It is a reliable and clean car.

-Door lock issue. $500 to be reseated
    -Minor oil leak in front of engine. 10 hours of labor $1000
    -Suspension light on due to better aftermarket suspension in the car. Original suspension is mechanical coilover and the new one is manual coilover, much more reliable. The wire needs to be clipped or the computer pulled and the light will stop. $100-200
    -Needs one 02 sensor

Priced right for a quick sale. 550s are still climbing and are already hitting the 140k range.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RiteDrive

RiteDrive Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 8, 2010
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Nick G.
    It has a "CLEAR REBUILT TITLE" Isn't that an oxy moron. Either a clear title or rebuilt title can't be both. How many miles?

3. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

It is clear, meaning there are no issues registering, etc. It is a rebuilt title. Car has 31k on it.

4. RiteDrive

RiteDrive Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 8, 2010
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Nick G.
    Still a good buy for someone that wants to have fun

5. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    I'm no expert, but a rebuilt title is not clear.

I believe it typically has to be declared a total loss in order for a rebuilt title to be issued

Best of luck on your sale, car is gorgeous.

6. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Usually a big story behind the "rebuilt title " ??? However still a good deal to have a V12 Fcar for fun.

7. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Rebuilt or salvage titles. I have a salvage title. I had not one straight panel. All wheels were broken. Suspension damaged. Good and both bumpers replaced. I paid $52,000 and spent $25,000 fixing. The car had less than 2,000 miles. It is a 2000 purchased in 03. Sat with the insurance company for a year. Car now has 19,000. Great car. My first Ferrari. Handles like nothing I ever drove. So I think the degree of damage dictates the title. A bumper and other small issues would not cause a salvage title. Insurance will declare a write off when the repair is 90% of car value.

8. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#8 Bradwilliams, May 23, 2015
    I've posted the pics of the damage before and I will again. It was minor. Little damage on the front and a new bumper, that's all. It doesn't take much to total a ferrari. A fender bender is usually all it takes. Rebuilt means that it is rebuilt from salvage. Meaning it is inspected and qualifies as being safe for the road and up to par. I've sorted 95 percent of the car, driven it 3000 miles and it is a good reliable car. The only issues remaining are the ones that are discussed, which are nickel and dime in the grand scheme of things. Car is 95 percent there. Just needs a new owner to take it across the finish line. No suspension issues, no brake issues, no tranny issues, no gearbox issues, no sticky buttons, no shrinking on dash. I had the car shipped DIRECTLY to my mechanic the second I bought her. He gave me the list of what the car needed, and I told him to do it. The car needs nothing else. I have the records for what was done, and my mechanic will vouch for the car. It is a no brainer at the price it is. A 550 maranello with a full major with 575 engine mounts and a brand spanking new clutch. A car that you can run up to the next 15k service without blinking an eye. :)

9. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    You may want do a little homework on values and damage as it relates to insurance companies.

10. tsasu360

tsasu360 Karting

Sep 2, 2013
    Full Name:
    Tomas M.
    Can you post some interior shots?

11. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Good buy in my opinion.

I've owned rebuilt cars before that were rebuilt from worse shape and drove perfectly.

That damage in the body shop world is very minor. This is a wicked driver IMO. :)

12. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    So is there ever a problem licensing or insuring? If so what type of problems?
    And I'd like some interior pics too.
    Thanks
    Bill

13. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#13 Bradwilliams, May 25, 2015
    No problems licensing or insuring. I don't have that many interior photos at the moment. I have listed the photos of the ONLY defects in the interior. The rest of the interior is clean and in very good condition. Driver bolster has some wear that can be dyed. And there is a few scratches above the window switch. Other than that, the interior is great. Original Full red, and no shrinking.

14. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#14 Bradwilliams, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    UPDATE:

The Suspension light has been fixed to permanently off. All the car needs now is the door lock fix, 02 extenders, and the front gasket. 2-2500k and she's 100 percent sorted.

15. patela

patela Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Full Name:
    Arun
  16. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I just bought an SD2 Ferrari computer. If you need any work let me know

17. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

18. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sold to a new owner that will continue to pile up the miles :)

19. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Congratulations! The car was a great value...

20. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Congratulations. Someone got a good deal.