Sold - 2000 Ferrari Maranello | FerrariChat

Sold 2000 Ferrari Maranello

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by rja, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rja

rja Rookie

Apr 28, 2007
    2000 Ferrari 550 Maranello - VIN: ZFFZS49A7Y0121383

2000 550 Maranello mfg in September 2000. Late production car with Daytona Seats, "rare" Fiorano Handling Package with Modular Factory wheels (both options only available for 2000 & 2001) This car has been "over maintained" and driven about 1700 miles a year. The car never sits for more than three weeks without being driven & is owned by a perfectionist who has kept it as new. The overall condition is Concours, absolutely pristine. Paint is over the top perfect, interior leather & carpets still have that new crisp feel, no dash warping whatsoever. ALL plastic dash & center console parts have been redone & "do not" have that sticky feel so common to these cars. Always covered & garaged. The only time it ever sees the sun is when driven.
    Service work has been performed by the same tech at Orange County Ferrari since new. Includes "all" comprehensive service records from day one along with original window sticker, all books, manuals, & tools. Books & manuals are in as new condition. I have owned the car since December 2002. I'm located in Newport Beach, Ca.

Oil service every year.
    Coolant flush every two years.
    Break flush every two years.
    Belt change every four years.
    Major service three months ago including fresh belts, all gaskets and hoses in the intake manifold, plus cam cover seals as well as cam O rings. (this is a time thing, not a use issue. Rubber and gasket material deteriorate over time).
    Fresh Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.
    Fresh Battery.
    This car "needs nothing" ! Serious inquiries only. Offered at 155,000. Contact Richard at 310 292 0999
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso likes this.
  2. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wow - beautifully spec’ed 550! Do you still have the luggage as well? Absolutely stunning car.

3. rja

rja Rookie

Apr 28, 2007
    Thanks, I bought the car from Beverly Hills Ferrari in Dec. 2002. The original owner had if for a year and bought a 575 with F1 transmission and wanted to keep the Luggage. It was an issue for me when I bought the car but he wouldn't give in. The price adjustment made it worth buying the car without the luggage.

4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Absolutely beautiful ,wont last long .GLWS.

5. Lovedmydino

Lovedmydino Karting

Feb 16, 2014
    Gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Ferrari of Beverly Hills liked to spec those Barchetta wheels. My '01 456M was sold out of that dealership and came with them too.

That's the best 550 I've ever seen. Don't think you'll have any trouble selling it.

7. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Great looking car!

8. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Wonderful car! GLWS!

Ruben

9. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Gorgeous! GLWS

10. rja

rja Rookie

Apr 28, 2007
    If you are interested, there is brand new luggage set for sale in the parts section of this site. Buy my car and you could have the luggage too.

11. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Is that the perfect 550?

12. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Best one I've ever seen offered. But I'm a traditional Rosso Corsa/Tan Daytona guy for front V12's.

Merlin Auto Group likes this.
  13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Reminds me of the DeLaHoya car.

Very marketable. :)

GLWS.

14. francars

francars Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Francisco
    That's just a beautiful example of a Maranello. This is a "want" for sure in my list. GLWS OP

15. Bcutrupi

Bcutrupi Karting

Jun 22, 2013
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Cutrupi
    Gorgeous car. How many miles?

16. Lovedmydino

Lovedmydino Karting

Feb 16, 2014
    Really gorgeous. Would you consider a trade

17. rja

rja Rookie

Apr 28, 2007
    No, I need to sell this one to move on to another car I want. Thanks for your interest.

18. rja

rja Rookie

Apr 28, 2007
    It has 31k miles on it.

19. Andrew512TR

Andrew512TR Karting

Jan 23, 2005
    La Canada, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Most people exaggerate when they use the words "pristine" or "concours"

I have seen this car and have personally known Richard for many years. Yes, it is as perfect as you will find and maintained with no expense spared. The car is over the top and as much as I believe in ppi's...this car does not need one. Everything this gentleman owns shows as new. Forget the 31k miles, I challenge any 3k mile car to top this one.

I wish I had the space for this very special example.

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  20. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I agree. I too, know the car and owner. The car is perfect and the owner is an absolute fanatic-if this 550 is stopped for more than a moment when it's out for a drive, the car cover is used. Babied doesn't even begin to describe this example.

21. Cmall1

Cmall1 Rookie

Feb 27, 2016
    Chicago
    Nice example! Is the car still for sale?

22. rja

rja Rookie

Apr 28, 2007

23. rja

rja Rookie

Apr 28, 2007
    Yes, it is still for sale. There has been much interest and had a couple of offers but I was not willing to accept them for reasons I would be glad to share. If you are interested I would like to talk and answer any questions you have on the car. I will point out it will be a challenge to find a 550 that is in as good condition as mine with full service records from new and having only one tech work on it since new. My name is Richard and number is 310 292-0999. Thanks for your interest.

Merlin Auto Group likes this.