2000 Maranello on EBay | FerrariChat

2000 Maranello on EBay

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by coachi, Jul 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    Sounds like a great deal...only 5353 miles, 109,900 including the shipping. Have Maranello prices gone that far down? It sounds too good to be true. I wish I needed one, I would buy it at once...

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    It was in an accident.

3. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    i would never buy a car that had been repaired unless i knew a lot more about it.

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i think i remember seeing this car on ebay a while back pre fixed. from texas right? was pretty banged up if i remember correctly.

5. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    That's my old car...hit a deer with it. I tried to get repair done for awhile, but estimate was waaay low, workmanship should be fine. Local dealer GM dicked me around, told me he'd never take it on trade, so between repair of 96K++ and diminished value, I told my ins co to total it, and they agreed.

Very nice car, no mechanical (engine/etc. hits, dealer tech went over it) Helluva buy. I have been waiting for it to resurface. I have lots of pre and during repair pics.

6. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    please post em, im sure everyone wants to see.

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Lee, are you serious here? This is your old car, yes/no/maybe. Because, even with a salavage title, $110k for a 2000 550 would be one hell of a deal.

Just curious, Dale

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    for the love of pete, post the pics, dude!

doody.

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Repair of WHAT now! Am I reading this right?!

10. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #11 Sfumato, Jul 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    yes, my old car. CF, Fiorano,shields, quilted rear deck, modulars.
    I don't have pics online hosted, but on CD. basically was left side/front end hit, with floorpan dent, ripped off front/rear bumpers, blew bags. Estimate was 70K? to start, was close to 100K when I called foul. I planned on keeping it, but the stigma of a hit f-car was too much, and GM of local dealer is an ******* ( since proven when he turned down a 3 car deal amongst friends of the owner of the store, me included, which would have netted him 15-20K with NO effort, but gotten all of us warranties, and him 3 RDR's [retail delivery resales].) . So, I told Ins co they screwed up estimate, and even though car was weeks away from being done, they needed to total it.

Helluva deal, hard runner. Sorry I can't post pix, but if you're a player, I sent 'em to the Ebay guy today after I saw this post. I can fwd the em with pics to you if you need 'em...PM me with EM addy

Lee
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I insist that you come clean here! Did you at least make some sausage!

Dr "I hate Bambi" Tax

12. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Lee, I was at that dealer when your car was brought in. Very sad...

Also, that GM was recently demoted...big time. 'Nuff said.

Hope you are doing well,

Dave

13. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Yep, I was crushed. Walked away with airbag burn on arm.

Shame about the GM ;)...not...I had long conversation with owner about him awhile back. He managed to annoy some people, myself included, who had
    bought 16-20 cars from that store in the last 3-4 years. Anencephalic Sloth.

Dale, my wife damn near made sausage out of me...I just wanted to get the hell out of there. But, you ARE Sharkless, no? I got your PM months back re: FOH, we'll talk more. I have had 2 surgeries since May, 2 more to go, and lost 1/2 my colon (NOT good for sausage). At least I am driving the shark again, went 7 weeks without driving. That sucked.

Lee I hate bambi too

14. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    sorry, but how much was it to repair?
    i mean it looks as if they did a bloody good job, do you see it after it was fixed?

15. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    A lot...Hood was 12K, wheels x3 @ 3400ea F, 3600 R....I am unsure of final total, but initial estimate was 70-80k, we passed that in PARTS.

Paint should be great, Interior was out last I saw it, but new wheel/bags/etc.

Should be a very nice car for somebody @ that #. Drive it, use it up.