2001 360 battery life | FerrariChat

2001 360 battery life

Discussion in '360/430' started by NPWMD, Sep 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NPWMD

NPWMD Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    NY,FLA
    Full Name:
    Neal P Wittels, MD
    How many weeks will a battery hold a charge with the battery switch off?

2. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    you should not have not problem if the battery is in a good condition,my baby is now 2 months since a dont turn the swicth on ,and she has a couple months to waith because i am going to florida in december

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    That is a function of the battery type and condition. I would guess that a standard lead acid battery is good for 2-3 months before the charge has sagged signficantly but that is only a guess. Similar guess for AGM is 5-6 months.

4. svolk

svolk Rookie

Nov 8, 2010
    Sarasota Fl
    A function of battery age,and usage. The battery discharges when car sits, due to powered electronics for alarm system etc......This constant cycling of battery charge can decrease battery life. Use of a battery tender keeps charge constant while sitting and I feel increases battery life. I always hook up battery tender when car is in garage; current (no pun intended!) battery is >5yrs old, spins motor as briskly as when new; car driven about 2000 miles per year,but has sat as long as 4-6wks occasionally, although I usually drive it at least every 2wks...........

5. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    It will easily last over 3 months, if it had a good charge before you hit the switch. Buddy down the street does this every winter, and winter here is 3-4 months. He has never had a problem, but a trickle charger is better, due to the fact that you will not have to re-enter your radio code, set up your radio presets again, and the car needs to learn a bit before it runs again at it's best.

6. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    A more important question would probably be "How long will the battery in my alarm siren last if I turn off my main battery for an extended period?"

In my experience a lot of the alarm siren battery problems occur following a period during which the car battery has been flat or turned off.