2001 360 cranks but not will not start | FerrariChat

2001 360 cranks but not will not start

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mauro Brisola, Feb 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mauro Brisola

Mauro Brisola Rookie

Feb 22, 2008
    Car sometimes starts but often will not. No matters engine is cold or hot. Battery is new and ok. Fuel pump is working but ignition will not fire.

When starts engine works normally.

I tested with all keys and fobs. Locking/unlocking is ok, alarm led behavior too.

Problem seems to be related to immobilizer system. I would like to know it there is some way of checking if the immob system is causing the no start condition. Other cars, like my Audi, have a yellow lamp to show the immob system status.

Is it a common problem with Modenas? (cranks but will not start)

Thank you

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    It has got fuel in it right? :)

You really need to hook up to an SD2 and pull any fault codes.

Failing that check anything related to electrical system. Fouled plugs could do this too.

3. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    "Cranks but will not start"... I'm really confused! Do you mean it starts and then shuts back off? I was in a 2004 360 Spider today and I could hit the immobilizer, start the car and it would shut right back off... It was an F1 car and it had a transmission fault. Once we cleared the fault, it's been fine. Is your car an F1...?