2001 550 Maranello 8,888 Miles | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2001 550 Maranello 8,888 Miles

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Kingvogue, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Morgs

Morgs Rookie

Sep 30, 2015
    It is definitely a solid value given what is out there in the marketplace. GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    I couldn't agree more with Wolfturbo, he is spot on. No the car is not sold yet, I'm getting silly offers or folks that don't have the funds. I wanted to offer it on Ferrarichat prior to mass advertising it to the general public. I greatly appreciate all the kind words and praise for this magnificent car. I have several people that have requested additional information and perhaps one of them will be the new proud owner.

3. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    King - apologies for any role I had in hijacking your post - not intended and not really belonging in this thread. Hope you get above your asking price for your exceptional car. At least we're giving it some extra exposure at the top of the classifieds.

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    As another owner of a 2001 550 Maranello (also September build, just a few cars away from this one) that is spec'd almost identically to this one, I think that his pricing is spot on. I don't think it's low enough to sell in a day but it's not so high that it won't sell at that price. It's a fair price.

Like Wolfturbo, I get unsolicited offers on mine somewhat regularly and as such, I have a good idea of the market.

550 Maranellos, particularly 2001 cars, have become highly treasured in the last few years. People can speculate all they want on why this is the case. All I know is that people ask about mine all the time and I won't sell it; it's just too spectacular and hard to replace.

Howard, GLWS. That's a spectacular car.

5. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Thanks for the kind words, I to think its a fair price on an incredible car. For the person who wants the very best!

6. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    To all who have asked, no the car is not sold yet, I sure would like to see the car go to someone on Fchat before I go to the general public. Make a reasonable, real offer and it may be yours.

7. mpurcy

mpurcy Karting

Jan 29, 2013
    Oceanside Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Mine is 126042....equipped the same, no shields. 20k miles...full service done 400 miles ago. Some sticky, black on black. So when I say great deal at 200k, it means I would not take anything less than 200k for mine.

8. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    As much as I didn't want to have to mass market this incredible car, it has become obvious that I do if anyone one has real interest in purchasing my 550, please contact me. It is now listed on all the automotive websites as well as eBay. No $175,000 won't buy it but I am open to realistic offers. Thanks

9. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    A mint 550 is just something special. I just repainted mine and bring it slowly back to top condition and will not sell anymore... The super cars are harder and harder to find these days..... Hope you get lots of $$$$$$ for it!!

10. Jerry Guzzo

Jerry Guzzo Rookie

Sep 15, 2013
    What are you willing to take for this car?

11. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Asked:

And answered:

12. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    I am lowering the price to $195,000'or best realistic offer. Have had numerous offers from dealers, however they want to buy it at a figure I'm not willing to accept. If you've been contemplating a 550, then you don't want to miss this one, I don't think there is a better example on the market anywhere in the world.

13. jvmax

jvmax Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    can you post what dealers are offering?

14. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #39 sherpa23, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    That's a pretty rude thing to ask. Not only is it a violation of Fchat classified rules (marketplace discussion) but it's irrelevant to the sale of the car and would only weaken the OP's position to to disclose it. You're asking him to hurt the sale of his car just so that you can have some trivial knowledge. All you need to know is that he said it's below what he would take and he said he reduced his price to a number he would accept.

If you're interested in buying his car, message him privately and see if you can work something out.

Generally when people post things like, "can you post what dealers are offering" when it has no relevance to the selling price, it's because they don't have interest in buying the car and just want to know what wholesale buy prices are just for the heck of it. Pretty bad form in this thread.

Hope that helps.

15. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    ^
    What he said...

16. Texasrecurve

Texasrecurve Karting

Oct 15, 2006
    Graham, Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney D. Mitchell
    No matter what anyone "wishes" a car were worth, the market will determine what it is worth. Everytime.

Good luck it is a beautiful 550.

17. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    Was thinking the same thing based on some offline conversation with other FChatters. It's just a matter of time.

18. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    PM sent. You lowered the asking price from $200K to $195K, correct?

19. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    I humbly stand corrected! Prices have clearly pulled back from the frothier levels of this past Fall. No worries for me however. I'm not a seller and I love these cars as a long term hold.

I continue to wish the seller the best of luck with this stellar example. While my initial market assessment may have been off base, I stand by my belief that this is the best example I have seen publicly offered for sale in the past six months. GLWS!

20. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    It's all speculation until a buyer or better yet multiple buyers make offers at / near your asking price.

21. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Sorry, I think it would be very unprofessional for me to disclose any of the offers I've received. I understand that these dealers are wanting to resell it for a profit and they are certainly entitled to do so, profit is not a dirty word. I will disclose that the offers were not enough for me to let the car go. This is truly a special car and I'm not going to wholesale it, I might add, they all agreed that the car is worth more money than what they were offering, however they are in business and have to make a return on the there investment, very understandable.

22. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    I'm reducing the price on my 550, if you want a truly special car, this is the one and I will let it go for $185,000, I think it's a steal at this price.

23. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    GLWS!
    You've only had it up for sale for less than 2 months.
    These majestic 550's take some time to sell.
    Wish you all the best!

24. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Agreed, when one makes up their mind to sell, it's time to go!

25. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    I am offering this price to Fchatters and have no intention of mass advertising it for this price.