2001 550 Maranello 8,888 Miles | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2001 550 Maranello 8,888 Miles

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Kingvogue, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Just trying to make someone a great deal on a great car. I would like to sell the car before I leave on extended travel. I must admit, I thought the car would sell fast at around $195,000 it's truly a spectacular car and I truly beleive there isn't a comparable 550 on the market anywhere in the world. This car has everything going for it. As for Mr. Drive550PFB, as you can see, I just offered him an incredible price, I'm sure the wire transfer is pending at my bank, I certainly don't want to be accused of "playing games" lol.

2. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

The point of my post was that I--like you--have owned multiple Ferraris and Porsches and Mercedes and BMWs and Range Rovers and lots of cars. I have been posting on this site for over a decade. And someone comes on here with 76 posts and makes a very snide comment because I asked him to clear up some confusion in his posts. One would think that a new user with 76 posts would like to learn a little decorum from someone with a little more experience here than he has.

It would be better if he simply said, "Oh, I see that I have posted two prices, my asking price is _________." Instead he gets snippy and decides to insult me. And you think his response was great. Good for you.

As for speculators . . . you act as if speculators are some form of lower being. You do realize, I suppose, that speculators are buyers, who often tend to drive prices higher--much higher. One would think that the seller would welcome a buyer of any ilk, especially a speculator.

3. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    It was not my intention to be snippy or snide, if you would have asked me to clarify the price rather than insinuate that I was "playing games" I would have gladly corrected the price. As for my limited post's that you make sound like I lack some kind of experience, I'm a 62 year old man and have and had an extensive collection of cars, hardly new to this game, I just don't have the desire for criticizing other folks opinions and posts. I find that guys like Taz and others are very knowledgeable and informative and always willing to help and give good advise and are very helpful with out being critical. I have followed Fchat for many years and have always enjoyed it with out having to make a lot of unnecessary posts, sometimes it better to listen then talk.

4. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    And IMO you didn't come across that way.

5. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    OK. Henry, I, 550PFB, Sherpa23, others in this thread have owned 550's. A couple of us have/had 550's very close to this late VIN, and almost identical spec. I expect we're IN the thread because we really like 550's and would consider buying one again.

THe posts deleted the other day started with a moron post, and then piling on. Similar to tonights slug fest. I reported the rude post, as it is a very nice car. The mod, who is quite reasonable and busy, dumped the piling on.

Wolfturbo, a comment about how the market has changed, hence doubt about 150k, especially after the other exchange, is within rules, the nonsense the other day wasn't.

That is completely why I'm still watching this car/thread, as it is a very nice car, and ALL Ferraris are sliding lately. Someone referenced a Sheehan article with link. Read that.

Very pretty car. Sad that other cars that are nowhere near as pretty or nice to drive are bringing more $ than Maranellos. I had a Z8, a 550 like this, and an E39 M5 in 2002. The Z8 was the worst to drive, cost me less than 1/2 my 550, and is worth more than a perfect 550 and M5 now. Dumb.

GLWS. I still miss mine. Sorry your sale and the price curve not what you'd like.

6. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

The car is beautiful, and I am sorry that we got off subject. I am sincerely interested in the 550 as I consider it one of the most beautiful Ferraris of all time. I am sincerely interested in pricing and am considering buying a "hard top." I am also looking at the 575, so small differences in prices are important.

7. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Driver550PFB- I promis you I'm not looking to fight or argue, I would love to offer my car to you for the extreamly fair price of $180,000. If you are truly considering the purchase of another 550, I don' think you will find a better example. If you would like to contact me, I will be glad to discuss the car and answer any questions you might have. This car will sell, it's just a question of time you and I both know that. IMHO I don't believe a car of this character will ever be a $150,000 car again as I think most will agree, respectfully .

8. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Agreed

9. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    Opinions vary on the enjoyment of driving these various cars. I have owned 3 Z8 cars over the years and one 550 Barchetta. Personally I much preferred driving the Z8 over the 550B.

10. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    wrong.... don't know what the car is worth... i don't really care....

OP called the bluff and offered it @ $180k to those complaining. wire the money.....

i was just pointing out, imho, that everyone arguing about price isnt in the market so regardless of a reasonable price.... a wire would not be forthcoming.

11. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

Appreciate the thought. Will PM you later.

12. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    no worries man...

i read his post as calling his bluff.... $189k or 187K or 185k....

how's 180k...send it !!!

13. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

There was no bluff to call.

I have actually spent more than $650K on a car in my lifetime--not many people do that. And it does not matter whether I spend $600K or $180K or even $35K for the used Range Rover I bought my son, I don't "wire money" based on an ad on the internet.

I wire money based on finding out more information on the car. And, one piece of information that is absolutely critical to making the decision is the price. Not some idea of price, but the actual price that the seller is asking. The asking price alone gives you a lot of information about the seller.

You guys seem to be all full of testosterone about me asking a legitimate question . . . good for you.

14. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Respectfully, I happen to be good friends with Wolf (Rob). What is seen on this forum (a lot) is people asking questions that have no interest (or money) to make the purchase, tire kickers (if you will).

Most serious will send a message and take the discussion off line instead of posting the question. I think that might be what you are seeing here. Your other posts show you are a serious type buyer, but as you can't gauge the car from the add, the seller can't gauge the buyer from a post.

Looks like a great car, best wishes to the seller and future buyer! :)

15. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Yes girls, you're all pretty.
    Stop the handbag fight and let the ad run. Please dear god.

16. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    no worries.... just my interpretation of what was going down......

hope you get it for 180... you saved yourself 7k but posting

17. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Agreed this appears to be a great car with a reasonable seller at a fair price it is very hard to find a 550 like this I also have a very late 550 very close in vin to this and it is similarly equipped it was hard to find so I paid top dollar 4 years when I bought mine

18. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    No, it is not. Thread cleaned up again.

To all: Posting comments about the seller's asking price, current market values, etc. is a violation of the Classified Ad forum rules. If you feel you absolutley must comment on these things, then start a separate thread in either the model-specific forum or in one of the subscribed forums.

Let the man advertise his car for sale. After all, he has paid for the privilege. If you're interested in purchasing this car but feel the asking price is more than you're willing to pay, then make an offer either here in the thread or via PM. If you have no serious interest in purchasing the car and only want to comment on the price/market for entertainment purposes, then post those comments elsewhere.

19. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Out of curiosity, does this directive apply to supportive/complementary commentary on the seller's pricing? Such as "you are underpricing your car" or "this car is so well priced it will sell in a day"?

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I feel like this ad should be reposted. The car is gorgeous and the seller appears to be genuine and not unrealistic about the market. A lot of comments made (including mine) have side tracked the ad and the OP doesnt deserve this.

21. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    THIS.
    Hi Andrew. Hope life good. PM me.

All other commentary. Simple. You could have PM'd mod instead of dumping on thread, but who'd notice at this point, even after TWO cleanups.

22. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    It applies to all pricing/market commentary, as even "supportive" comments about price/market only invite rebuttals from those who disagree. That being said, if someone makes a single "your car is underpriced" comment and no one responds, we'll typically let it go. The point of the rule against price/market commentary, after all, is to prevent derailing of a paying subscriber's classified ad.

I agree. This thread's crap at this point. I've copied the pertinent posts to a new thread. This one is now closed.