2001 550 Stereo | FerrariChat

2001 550 Stereo

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by garysp7, Jul 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Can anyone tell me what manufacturer stereo came in a stock 550?
    How many speakers came in the car? Was there any options available for the car? I see some cars listed with sub woofers and cd changers and am wondering if this was done by the factory or by the owner after they bought them?
    Thanks
    Gary

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i do not believe there were any stereo options offered for the 550 at all during its production run.

the early cars 97 and part of 98 (?) have sony head units. the later cars have becker head units.

i'm 95% sure there is NO external amplifier - the speakers are driven off the power from the head unit.

there are four speakers. two are in the front and two are on either side of the rear deck. in cars with the standard carpet in the back, they're not obvious - but in cars with the 250GT leather rear shelf, you can see the punch-out holes for the rear speakers.

no subwoofers were standard, though folks have had stuff fabricated to fit on the vertical wall between the speakers or in thin cabinets behind the seats.

the cd changer in the trunk was standard, i'm fairly sure.

doody.