Sold - 2001 Ferrari 360 Modena - Gated w/28k miles - $124,900 obo | FerrariChat

Sold 2001 Ferrari 360 Modena - Gated w/28k miles - $124,900 obo

Discussion in 'Cars' started by GLENN@TEAM AI, Aug 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    SN ZFFYU51A610124773 is a factory gated example that comes with a Capristo exhaust, Gruppe M airboxes, and carbon fiber engine bay side panels. A complete set of books and tools, a clean CARFAX, as well as a spare key and the original Ferrari radio and CD player accompany the car. With the exception of the long, narrow vents on top of the dash, the interior is free from any "stickies". The car is aggressively priced at $124,900 due to needing a major service (based upon time), old tires, and a lack of service records. For further information, please call Glenn Butler at 704-962-9683
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    for someone who has a good indy, that's a KILLER DEAL......God bless

robertjskelton, TJsBeer and swc5150 like this.
  3. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    That's a good price and should sell quickly!

FWIW sorting Ferrari's after the sale isn't really that hard. My 430 passed a rigorous PPI, but also didn't have many service records when I bought it. I'd say it took me about a week of bird-dogging to trace the roots of the car and fill in all the blanks. You just need to start with your local dealership's service adviser and go from there. I will say, if you're not the owner though, dealers may not help you. I had to send proof of ownership on multiple occasions to receive information.

4. Dino6304

Dino6304 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2020
    CT
    Full Name:
    Laurence
    Any idea what the mileage is

5. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    28k (it's in the thread title).

6. Dino6304

Dino6304 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2020
    CT
    Full Name:
    Laurence
  7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    A challenge grill and challenge wheels and this thing is near perfection.

blkdiablo33, SPOM13 and Doug. like this.
  8. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    It no doubt sings with the Capristo too. I can’t imagine this listing lasts long. Contrary to popular thought, I prefer some miles. A couple thousand per year keeps the life fluids flowing. This engine is just beginning to hit its stride at 28k. Best of luck with the sale.

9. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    I ordered the pre-buy on it and it gets done next week. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Hoping its better than my last; rough finding a dead cylinder b/c I was excited. Fingers crossed!

Cigarzman and swc5150 like this.
  10. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking ride!

11. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    I ended up purchasing a 348 spider this weekend so cancelled the PPI. It's available again! Nothing is wrong with the car, I wish I could have it as a project too, but found a better fit for me. GLWS!

12. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    I don’t care what anyone says, I love the starfish rims!!

TJsBeer, Oengus, VAF84 and 2 others like this.
  13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Wowowowow. Someone is going to be happy buying this even if it needs work

14. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    I think you're correct. I was looking forward to the project, but now I have an engine out project on a 348!! Excited for it, and bummed my wife would blow a gasket if I had 2 Ferrari projects... I had never driven a 348 Spider(loved my 360 spider), and it is a BLAST! Seriously huge fun. I think it's actually more fun than the 360 b/c it's so "gokartish"... and comfortable! It actually might be my favorite Fcar so far... I'll definitely be driving it more than the 458 for a while:)

15. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    I was visiting AI today and this 360 caught my eye. Glenn was kind enough to let me drive it. No offense @USCDOC - but this is most definitely not a project. Overall the car presents very well. It started right up, no hesitation, no smoke, no CELs. It sounds incredible and makes good power. It shifts smoothly into every gear - the clutch feels great. Honestly it runs and drives excellent. Oil and water temp were right where they needed to be. If I did not have my 2000 Modena, I would be signing the paperwork on this car. Honestly, I cannot believe it is still available at this price point.

DBomb117 likes this.
  16. DBomb117

DBomb117 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2019
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Dimitriy
    I feel like pending maintenance scares some folks, mostly the ones that are looking to get into their first f-car. Those of us that already own 360s know that for the most part this is a bulletproof model and this car requires nothing more than routine maintenance.

TJsBeer and OrmondStar like this.
  17. OrmondStar

OrmondStar Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2019
    Lake Mary, FL
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Very well put and so true.

DBomb117 likes this.
  18. DBomb117

DBomb117 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2019
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Dimitriy
    As @patina stated himself, if I did not already have a 360, I would be on the phone/getting on a plane to look at this myself and potentially purchase.

19. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    @DBomb117 no offense taken. My understanding was that it needed a major service and belt service. That is a project if you wanna do it yourself and haven't done it. Glenn sent videos of the car and it running. Great to see you went out to check it out. Dropping 348 motor out as soon as I get the parts ordered. It's been 15 years for that belt (4000 miles). I will definitely be posting all what I find; the car runs and drives perfectly, but don't wanna press my luck.

DBomb117 likes this.
  20. DBomb117

DBomb117 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2019
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Dimitriy
    I think you meant to reply to patina, he checked out the car

patina and SPOM13 like this.
  21. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Bump & price reduction to 119.9k obo!!

one4torque likes this.
  22. peter_00

peter_00 Rookie

Oct 1, 2022
    Full Name:
    Peter Altieri
    Where is the car located? Still availbale?

23. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
  24. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler