2001 Wheels of Italy Benefit Car Show- Feb. 19th! 9am-1pm | FerrariChat

2001 Wheels of Italy Benefit Car Show- Feb. 19th! 9am-1pm

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by gar348, Feb 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gar348

gar348 Rookie

Jun 20, 2009
    The FCA Desert Region is presenting the 2011 Wheels of Italy Car Show to benefit Arizona Camp Sunrise. The date coincides with what would have been Enzo Ferrari's 113th birthday. All Italian makes are invited to join us in celebrating Enzo's birthday while contributing to a great cause- Arizona Camp Sunrise (run by the American Cancer Society)-a camp in Northern AZ for children with cancer and their siblings.
    This will be a wash and shine event and will debut the new Ferrari 599 GTO and the new Fiat 500! The registration fee is $50 goes directly to the charity and is a tax deductible. Each registrant will also receive a $25 gift certificate and a goodie bag.
    Join us at 7000 E. Mayo Blvd. in Scottsdale (the "Scottsdale 101" shopping center) in front of the White Chocolate Grill. Details and Registration at www.AZWOI.com

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    :eek:

Will be there for sure!! Thanks for the heads up :)

No Italian car though :(

3. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    PS. Can a mod change the thread title to 2011 instead of 2001.

4. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Can;t wait to see the 500!

5. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #5 nerd, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    From the web site: "Registration will be $50 per vehicle with all registration fees being donated directly to the camp. As an Italian vehicle registrant your $50 registration fee will qualify as a tax deductible charitable contribution and each registrant will receive a goody bag containing a $25 White Chocolate Grill gift card along with a Meguiar’s car care product and other items."

I'm not a financial advisor, but having participated in, and supported many, charitable events, the message to attendees is usually:

Allowable Deduction = Donation - Value Received

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p526.pdf

6. Tazkar

Tazkar Rookie

Feb 29, 2008
    Phoenix Arizona
    Full Name:
    Alex Tillman
    I'm going to be there!!!

7. bgmix

bgmix Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 1, 2009
    AZ|NYC|FL
    Full Name:
    Bob Giammarco
    In fact, there were two. Awesome. Weather could have been nicer, but it was not a washout by any means.

8. bgmix

bgmix Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 1, 2009
    AZ|NYC|FL
    Full Name:
    Bob Giammarco
  9. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  10. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It's a good thing the Ferrari dealer brought cars.

With 70% of the cars being dealer cars, they should have had a financing tent set up!

11. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    C'mon. Why do you have to crap on a good event? I understand you have beef, but I think it's best to ignore it rather than post something that can start arguments. Just my 2 cents which probably isn't even worth it.

12. I'm gone

I'm gone Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Phoenix,az
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Too bad I had to miss this one as I was out of town.

13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Correct observation with regards to your 2 cents....

First off, I just simply made an accurate observation.

But since you brought it up.... There were mainly dealer cars, that's not a beef... just a fact. A bit amusing, but no beef. When a marque based car club has a 'premier' show (especially Ferrari), one expects more than a spattering of member production cars. One expects cars representing the history..... 250GTO, 250SWB, 166MM, maybe even an F1 car, for example. You also don't expect sales people to bounce someone else's $500K car off the rev limiter for entertainment.

..... And while we are at it, a number of us have wondered what possesses people to join a forum that is centered around something they don't own. Then make thousands of posts over a relatively short period of time, most of which have zero basis in knowledge. I'm all for enthusiasm, but God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason.

And that's my 2 cents.

I guess we now know which club called and offended you!

14. I'm gone

I'm gone Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Phoenix,az
    Full Name:
    Brian
  15. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #18 agup48, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    My wording for 'beef' was not with the dealer cars, but for the FCA-DR. I've noticed your posts regarding Concorso and other events and it drags the threads down. If you don't care about it, then don't post about it.

I understand the need for having 250 GTOs, etc. at the show, but how possible do you think that honestly is. Modern Ferraris =/= those cars (whatsoever). Modern Ferraris are mass produced, so why do you think there would be more F430s, etc. at those shows?

Ouch, I wonder if I should've joined a Honda forum instead of Fchat. Even though I don't, as well as a substantial amount of people on this forum, own Ferraris, it's not all about ownership, at least in my opinion. Yeah, I can at least dream of owning one in the future, however long that may be. Trust me, I'm not a kid who just likes the cars because they are expensive and fast. I respect them for racing, for what they were and for what they are, they are like art to me, but art in which you can you 100mph on the track in, cruise in. I know I don't know what it's like to own and/or drive one. Yeah, my posts can be silly, tbh, I don't care one bit.

That's why God gave us 2 eyes as well, and that's to make observations. This isn't the only thread you've brought FCA up, and I think that I've only see you make the blatant comments regarding those events, so I thought I'd rather say something.

16. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    #19 pat_ernzen, Feb 20, 2011
    Couple observations on your observations... I really don't think it was "mainly dealer cars" at all. Neither of the 599 GTOs were, the F50 wasn't, etc... wasn't a sales person (minor detail) and it wasn't near the rev limiter. And I'm confident the owner of that particular car would've been just fine with it and doing it himself if he were there. I also know the owner of that car has a strong relationship with Ferrari of Scottsdale and the FCA-DR. As far as I know, the new Maseratis and maybe a California or two were dealership cars and that's about it. FAR from "70%".

It's pretty amazing to me how passionate you are about something so negative, but maybe that's just me. Bottom line, a lot of people got to see cars they wouldn't normally at no cost to them and they raised a fair bit of money for charity. Don't see how you could possibly call that a "bad" thing.

17. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    Hopefully they were able to raise enough money for the charity. Too bad the weather was not more cooperative.

Since I have not seen a GTO or an F50 in person, I am bummed I was not able to attend.

18. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    PS: Thanks for the pics and vids, everyone

19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #22 tazandjan, Feb 20, 2011
    Dino- Kind of condescending on your part and not really appropriate to belittle a Ferrari enthusiast for not owning a Ferrari. If you want to communicate with only Ferrari owners, and not Ferrari enthusiasts as well, there is always the owner's Forum. Or the rossa forum, but you are not even subscribed.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

20. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Thanks Taz, I don't really care about that part. It's a vehicle, it serves me well even though it's nothing special. I even poke fun of my VTAKKKK-mobile. :eek:

I won't get rid of that thing till it dies :)

21. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
  22. Tazkar

Tazkar Rookie

Feb 29, 2008
    Phoenix Arizona
    Full Name:
    Alex Tillman
    #25 Tazkar, Feb 20, 2011
    I'm sure the reason there was no 250 gto there was because the owner was already busy driving his multi-million dollar classic in the rain somewhere more important.